Anybody here using Socrates?
    I was wondering if anyone here is using the Socrates WP theme, and if so, what do they think of it.

Thanks

It seems like it's designed for Adsense and Clickbank. Many of us steer clear of that kind of stuff. My two cents.

But, what are you going to try to do with it?

And it was only released this month, so I doubt there is anyone "making money" using it yet. Have you?

Moderator Note: Let's back up and try again. 9 posts deleted. There's no need for the hostility and attitude (from all sides).

There's nothing wrong with AdSense and ClickBank. AdSense, in particular, does great on a lot of sites where affiliate marketing just doesn't produce results. It's not affiliate marketing, but there's nothing wrong with it.

If you want a theme that caters to AdSense, this seems like it's probably a good choice. One of the authors is Joel Comm, who is a master at AdSense and a pioneer of affiliate marketing.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sounds like a plan!

While I don't believe my post was hostile enough to be censored I will agree that AdSense is cool. I make more than enough to support my flying habit every year from those little chunks of added content. But as Lindy suggests, I am one of the people who "steer clear" of ClickBank because it is difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Before I responded I did look at the site for the Socrates WP theme and found the price to be a bit daunting for something brand new and "untried." Therefore I deemed Lindy's response to be "straightforward." The was for two reasons (well, maybe three): 1) I wanted to see if anyone "does" have some experience, 2) I was a bit dismayed that someone with 21 posts would pop such an attitude and I figured there would be a couple of remarks more biting than mine, and 3) I actually like pop-corn.

My "response" allowed me to be (easily) subscribed in case there were follow-up posts by someone who actually did "try" the theme (and I could read those posts in email). My stinging wrist will remind me to refrain from posting in these types of threads henceforth.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

My posts were hostile enough to be censored, and for that I apologize.

I was simply asking whether or not anyone had tried the Socrates theme. I was not asking whether or not anyone liked clickbank or adsense. I have now purchased the theme and will report whether or not it was a wise investment.

@ Bill: I totally agree that the vast majority of the stuff on clickbank is crap, but there are some gems in there if one wades through long the muck long enough. It's much the same with adsense.... It makes little sense to put it on many sites, but on some it can make one a handsome living.

I had a free version of Socrates that I never used and started doing research and checking it out this weekend. I have decided to pass on using it and just bought a license for DIY Themes. Just didnt' look like a good fit for me.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I am using socrates on one of my e-commerce WP site. The cons of using it is that I can't customize the header.

But in general its a good theme.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread