Politics or no, I really MUST post this link

mental health screening for "consumers of all ages," including preschool children

You are entitled to your opinion. I have mine and I don't wish to argue with you about it.

This is posted for your information, only.

And, yes, I know that the publication running this article is known for "jazzing up" news, thank you.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Of Lilly's $1.6 million in political contributions in 2000, 82 percent went to Bush and the Republican Party. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Enough said.

Andy

Oh my god. The plan to release mentally ill people into the community can turn disastrous if it isn't done properly.

We tried a similar experiment in the UK a while back. Hospitals and institutions were forced to release mentally ill people. Many of them didn't have anywhere to go, they ended up homeless or in emergency accommodation, lonely and bewildered and often unable to manage their medication correctly. Some of them were dangerous, and it led to a spate of murders.

We called it 'Care in the Community'. It only works if the community cares.

We had lots of the mentally ill released early during the 80's. They quickly became new street people and beggers. Some are probably still out there.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Regardless of politics, and I have no idea about this particular issue, I have to say that Lilly's contributions to this community - through their dollar for dollar match program - have been exceptional. That company has made an incredible difference in the quality of life in this county. I'd be willing to bet Lilly made many, many times that amount in non political contributions throughout this State in that same time period.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

ABW Ambassador
    There are reasons for concern in that document, but the author chooses misleading hype over real journalism.

I would be concerned about the use of social security and medicare sources to fund additional drugs and healthcare services for the mentally ill. That part is true.

I found nothing about mandatory screenings nor mandatory prescriptions. That part is hype.

I couldn't find any "quotes" from WNDs article in the whitehouse.gov document, either. PDF Search function &gt; WorldNetDaily
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Regardless of politics, and I have no idea about this particular issue, I have to say that Lilly's contributions to this community - through their dollar for dollar match program - have been exceptional. That company has made an incredible difference in the quality of life in this county. I'd be willing to bet Lilly made many, many times that amount in non political contributions throughout this State in that same time period. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    yeah, they charge $15 a pill and put one back in the community. It's like jacking the prices by 100% and having a "50% off sale" the next day.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    yeah, they charge $15 a pill and put one back in the community. It's like jacking the prices by 100% and having a "50% off sale" the next day.
    - - - - -

Yeah, that's free enterprise, what can be done? If you tell a major industry, that hey, you can't determine the value of your products, we will do that for you, you are treading on a leading principle of free enterprise.

I sure don't like paying what I have to for medicine when my family gets sick, but I don't see an easy alternative that doesn't involve killing off our drug research industry.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread