Location sensetive ads
    Hi

I'm new to afiliate programs and new to this forum so I hope that this is the right place to ask this question.

I've set up a website a few months ago and am now looking at afiliate sites to put some ads on.

I seem to get visitors from different countries but the afiliate programs I have looked at so far (amazon and tradedoubler) seem to be limited to one country.
    ie you can put an ad in dollars or you can put one in pounds or one in euros etc.

Is there any programs that offer banners which are international ? ie if someone visits the site in the us and clicks on the banner it takes them to the us site in dollars, UK then pounds..etc ?

If not is there any way that I can set up my site so that it serves different ads to different countries.

Thanks for your help

You can do that yourself by using a GeoIP database like the one from MaxMind.

Keep in mind that none of the databases are perfect, so you probably want to "suggest" a specific nationalization rather than forcing it. For instance, if most of your visitors are from the US but the GeoIP indicates that they're from the UK, you may want to offer them the choices of US, UK or Other (where you go to a listing of all of the countries you have links for and let them choose).

I'm not sure of any programs that offer the ability to dynamically serve ads or link to sites for the appropriate country, but I haven't had that need so I've never looked. I would check with some of the merchants that have multiple programs, like Amazon and eBay, as those would be the most likely to have those kinds of features. Most merchants have a single program and just ship to multiple countries.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Google Adsense is one of the easiest way to serve good localized ads.

It is CPC versus CPA but might be less headaches.

Or you could run them against each other and see what does best.

Thanks for the replys guys

I'll have a look in how to use the GeoIP database.

Take a look at Buy.at network, they work with affiliates in Europe and US and their links can accept foreign currencies even if you are using their US links.

Pingo, Skype, etc.
    Richard: If they fit in with the content of your web site, you might consider putting Pingo (on LS) or Skype (on CJ) on some or all of your web pages. I believe if you are in the LS/CJ U.S. networks, and someone outside the USA visits and wants to buy, they can select their own currency and purchase, from either Advertiser. Not positive, but they both have customers worldwide.

Also, in Google's Webmaster Tools, you can "Target" your web site to the country you hope to get the most traffic from. You will still get traffic from other countries, without any issues.

Try the "KISS" approach (Keep it simple, stupid) and reduce your workload.

Lanny

Thanks guys - I'll look into those too

Much apreciated !

And yeah, trying to KIS wherever possible but theres still plenty to learn !!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread