Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Need a solar powered recharger bag
    Hey kids!

I want to buy a solar powered messenger bag or backpack that we can use to recharge our electronics (laptop, phones, nook, etc.)

Have any of you bought one that you love? Like? Eh? Please discuss.

10Q

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea View Post
    Hey kids!

I want to buy a solar powered messenger bag or backpack that we can use to recharge our electronics (laptop, phones, nook, etc.)

Have any of you bought one that you love? Like? Eh? Please discuss.

10Q
    You can see the pictures and prices of those messenger bag and backpack here:

http://www.thefind.com/search?query=...+messenger+bag

http://www.thefind.com/search?query=...enger+backpack

And then decide which one to buy.

http and a telephoto
    Never heard of those, sounds cool.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thanks for the links, Mr.Sal -- these definitely look very cool to me, although the prices ($90 to $200) are not very practical. I see that you can also just buy an $85 "piggy-back" version that attaches to an existing backpack or messenger bag, or a "portable power pack" for $65.

And unfortunately, when I clicked through on the links to 'solar portables,' I learn that the online store is "closed for maintenance." For another item, the mouseover shows the message "This item does not exist," which I assume means that it's a discontinued item.

Over the past few months, during my daily walks, I've been using my iPhone to submit graffiti complaints to the city (they have an iPhone app for this), and generally the battery only lasts for about 40 to 50 reports. A friend joked that I should get a hat with a solar panel on it, to use to recharge the iPhone as I walk around.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Thanks for the link, Sal. I've heard of the Voltaics but I was hoping to get feedback from someone who owns one of these devices and could tell me whether they thought it was worthwhile or not and which product they'd purchased.

With the low output of such small solar panels, I can't imagine that a solar backpack or solar bag would be effective, especially for a laptop. I'm curious to hear from anyone who has used one, though.

For my iPhone, the best external battery I've found is the Imax Power IMP500. It's 5000 mAh, which is WAY bigger than the built-in battery and bigger than any other external batteries out there. It's about the same shape as the iPhone but about twice as thick. Mine is always in my front left pocket, or in my shirt pocket if I'm charging my iPhone. You can find them on Amazon or eBay. I have two that I paid about $50/each for at different times. It looks like they're $41.95 with free S&H on Amazon right now.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread