Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Join Program - Bulk Apply?
    Is there a way to bulk apply to merchants on ShareASale instead of manually applying to each one?

This would save a lot of time.

Also, can you display more results per page?
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

There isn't a way, and there likely won't be. I seem to recall Brian indicating that they wanted to keep the current process so TOS's get read, and the like. I don't want to speak for him, however.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Thanks, I thought it I read it some where but wanted to ask before I wasted time on something could have been done in five minutes.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Kevin is right - there likely won't ever be a bulk apply as it is important that for every program you apply to that you see, view, read and understand the terms of conditions for that Merchant's program. I understand the desire sometimes to be a part of many programs at once but in reality a partnership like that should be entered into with more thought...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    Kevin is right - there likely won't ever be a bulk apply as it is important that for every program you apply to that you see, view, read and understand the terms of conditions for that Merchant's program. I understand the desire sometimes to be a part of many programs at once but in reality a partnership like that should be entered into with more thought...
    This is an excellent point. Sometimes as affilaites we take the TOS for granted and we should be spending time reading the TOS to see what's allowed.

It also provides the affiliate with information that may be unacceptable to them that will lead to the affilaite not promoting that merchant.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    That's a really good point actually... during the process you might see something that looks off to you, such as a point in the terms of agreement that is not necessarily bad but that leads you to further research that shows high reversals, or something along those lines.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    That's a really good point actually... during the process you might see something that looks off to you, such as a point in the terms of agreement that is not necessarily bad but that leads you to further research that shows high reversals, or something along those lines.
    Reading the TOS and understanding the stats are two very important points. That's why I'll like to have the page where we can get the code from a merchant: shareasale.com/a-getmerchantcode.cfm?merchantID=XXXXX
    linked to shareasale.com/a-viewmerchant.cfm?merchantID=XXXXX where we have the Terms of Agreement. The link could be the name of the merchant or a new link named TOS or whatever.
    I'm always going from one page to an other and I have to use the SAS search feature on shareasale.com/a-programs.cfm. Not the fastest way to do it.
    I forget every year to add that request in the list of improvements.

http and a telephoto
    Gret suggestion Zeus. And yes, affiliates need to *read* the programs TOS they are applying to, for their own good as well as an understanding of what the merchant allows, doesn't allow.

If a merchant *doesn't* have a TOS, that is actually not a good thing because they may not realize the kinds of things they *should* have and they tend to have a knee jerk reaction when they get sales via a method they suddenly deem inappropriate. Particularly if you are a DTM PPC affiliate, you should ask and get an answer in writing (email is fine) from someone involved with the program about whether it is allowed or not and not assume that it is.

"Back in the day" it was easy to just apply to 50 merchants with datafeeds at CJ and toss up sites without worrying about merchant TOS, but so much has changed on both sides that not reading the TOS for a merchant you want to promote can hurt you, either now or later.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I used to get really annoyed with this policy, but now I appreciate it because merchants are doing some very strange things these days.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread