Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Replacement for Microsoft Outlook Suggestions
    I would like to find a replacement for Microsoft Outlook. It would need to receive mail from severial Popmail accounts and send mail from just one of these accounts. Any suggestions?? I running windows xp & windows 7
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Thunderbird <-- It's awesome and free

Several other similar threads - you might search for "outlook" to try to find them. Many of us use Gmail. Some recommend Thunderbird. I can't recall anything else being recommended.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks, I will have a look at Thunderbird, I ruled out Gmail/Yahoo some time ago I want full control of my email messages.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Thunderbird is good

I used to use Eudora and I've tried Pegasus Mail

but I like Thunderbird the best.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    T-Bird

I think the power of Google Apps with Gmail is very underrated. I've been running many email accounts out of one Domain hosted Gmail account. It too is free.

I dislike the idea of using my computer as a landfill which the Outlook type programs tend to do.

Plus, Google Apps has so many other helping solutions that can be used to help an affiliate marketer.

Here is the link for the free version if you are at all interested: http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/group/index.html

I have Thunderbird on 3 computers here and love it. Has a calendar with alerts and all that good stuff. The latest version has an improved search to let you find your messages later on.

The gmail solution will work, but how much more can we become dependent on Google. I use them for everything, but am starting to draw the line.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts View Post
    T-Bird
    ditto

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

The nice thing about a web-based email, like gmail or yahoo, is that you don't have to worry about your PC hard drive failing, which if you're like most people and don't back up regularly, would mean a loss of your mail, along with other data.

Well, actually, there's another nice thing. You can access it from more than one computer.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    There is no way I would not use web-based email. Personally I use web-based with disposable addresses that all return mail to the main account. I can trash a disposable that is getting spammed to death while keeping my main account.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

t-bird... especially with the new archive function added.

I use Windows Live Mail. It's free, too.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

http and a telephoto
    Google Apps for server based email addresses and Eudora to store locally. I explained my set up quite thoroughly in another thread recently, like Michael said, search for Outlook or search here for Eudora.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Google Apps for server based email addresses and Eudora to store locally. I explained my set up quite thoroughly in another thread recently, like Michael said, search for Outlook or search here for Eudora.
    I don't say this sarcastically -- Is Eudora still in existence and still working??

I honestly thought Eudora had died. I know at one point a couple of years ago the people developing Thunderbird bought out Eudora with great plans. I saw some beta of their new Eudora a couple of years ago but didn't know that anything had come of it.

Do you have any links to find a current version of Eudora? Is Eudora free now?

Thanks for any info.
    Generate more fake news.

Eudora.com - it's being developed as open source now.

I still use Eudora for my personal emails. I love it for email. For business I use Chaos Intellect because it has a full featured contact management system. The contact management system is great, the email is very good but with some bugs from time to time.

http and a telephoto
    Yup, it is still available and is now free. I have several copies installed, I have used them individually to manage client emails before Google Apps appeared and got better. I currently use 2 installs, one for personal email and one for client emails, so they are separate. I can open any of the older installs if I ever need to access something from them.

As long as you install in separate directories you can run multiple, I just rename the desktop shortcuts.

With all the mail running through the Google Apps mail server, all incoming and outgoing mail gets stored both locally and in G. So it works as email content management because Vinny, Liz and I can all log in and see what emails are answered or outstanding. It's all web accessible.

I am too conditioned to my Eudora folders and filters and I can't just use web based mail efficiently because I would have to log into xx number of email accounts, and the inboxes are all full of everything, even if it's tagged. I'm a creature of habit, habits that have extended since Eudora was first on the scene. But I love having the email available on the web, in addition to my nice, neat folders on my computer.

If I hadn't been on the internet forever with multiple emails for multiple purposes from the very beginning, I may do things differently.

It works fine with Windows 7 too.

I loved Eudora, but then it started locking up all the time, but that was like 5 years ago.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

use Thunderbird or gmail

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    I loved Eudora, but then it started locking up all the time, but that was like 5 years ago.
    That's why I break it down Which is something you can do with it that you can't do with Outlook. I can't have a "personal" version and a "client" version. I tried Thunderbird at some point a few years ago and it didn't do folders like I am used to.

My system *isn't* for everyone, it's just how I do it.

ok, I have used Thunderbird for 3 days and I think it a good option but the one thing that may make me stop using it is that it marks messages as being read. I found a way to delay it being marked read for about 16 min or so but after that it automaticly get marked as read.

So do any Thunderbird users know of a way so that an email does not get marked as read until I have opened/read the email. Please note I have preview plan turned off.

Try going to Options/Advanced/Reading&Display:

Mine is set with a check in Automatically mark messages as read and a check on "Immediately on display"

See if we are the same on that as I don't have your problem.

John, I will not be near that computer until Monday but I will have a look, So your saying your email are not marked read until you open them, even if it hours or days later??

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    John, I will not be near that computer until Monday but I will have a look, So your saying your email are not marked read until you open them, even if it hours or days later??
    Only when I click on the email does it show read. I do run with the preview pane open. Normally I'm set to view messages as Plain Text, but when I'm heavy into affiliate related emails I'll set to Original HTML. Images are set to not load automatically. Feel free to PM me if you need any other details that all might not be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    You're going to be shocked but I love Google APPs - GMAIL and Gogole Calendar, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast