ABW Ambassador
    I have a link on my website with urlredirection ( ) this redirects customer to a website ( e.g. blank.html ) on which I have an automatical redirection to the merchant where the customer wants to go.
    Let figure it out: if the customer clicks the first link, then a cookie is set, immideately after this action the parasiteware sets its cookie, but after that the cookie of blank.html is set ( it is my cookie ) automatically. And if this cookie is the last one which was set, it counts as my sale/lead.
    Right or wrong?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I believe no cookie is set until the customer reaches the merchant's site. There is no entity between the first click and the final destination to set a cookie. The parasite gains the cookie by overwriting your affiliate ID. at the final destination which is the merchant's site.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    The Swamp
    Gene, pretty close. There is one destination between the first click and destination though. That would be the network server and that's where cookies are set.

The same ? was posted in another forum. My response is here:

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

ABW Ambassador
    I have a question about cookies.

If a surfer's browser is set to not accept cookies, what happens when they click through and make a purchase on their first visit to the merchant?

I know the subsequent visits to the merchant I won't be credited because their was no cookie, but what about the first affiliate link clickthru?

Thanks in advance.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread