OPM Best for Communicating
    Hi everybody.

I'm interested in any recommendations for a capable OPM who is fabulous -- or at least professional -- about communicating with his/her clients (merchants) and affiliates. An OPM with the reputation of timely returns of emails and phone messages -- or even better -- picks up the phone occasionally so there's not always a need to leave a message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello,

Visit our OPM forums. You can find out information about them here: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    Actually, there doesn't appear to be any sort of open forum for discussing all OPMs, just individual forums for the OPMs who've paid to have their own forums. So, Bill's options are to go into each OPM forum and ask about them, or go into one OPM's forum and inquire about their competitors. What would be the proper forum to ask this question?

I really don't think he's looking for feedback from the OPMs about themselves.

As BurgerBoy said, you can find the OPMs who have sub-forums here:

abestweb.com/opms

You can read through their sub-forums to see which ones have activity levels that you think are best, and maybe email and/or call them to see how quickly they return your call and address your questions. There are some great OPMs here, but only you can determine which one is right for you.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks very much BurgerBoy, but I wonder if anyone could give their opinions of which of the listed OPMs are particularly good on the communication side of things? I other words, OPMs that are known to return their calls and emails. I'm sure some are better than others in that regard.

Outsourced Program Manager Nathan Weinberg's Avatar
    Agreed, so if he's looking for a place to discuss all OPMs, and maybe get recommendations from other ABW members (unless that's a no-no), there doesn't seem to be a forum for that sort of discussion, unless this thread right here is the only place to do so.

Moderator Note: I've moved this to the "Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A" sub-forum
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDenver View Post
    Thanks very much BurgerBoy, but I wonder if anyone could give their opinions of which of the listed OPMs are particularly good on the communication side of things? I other words, OPMs that are known to return their calls and emails. I'm sure some are better than others in that regard.
    Hi Bill! OPMs should all be pretty responsive to affiliate and merchant communication and get back to people as quickly as possible. The OPMs here with forums at ABestWeb are ones that are committed to giving their affiliates additional ways to contact them and most have contact info in their sigs/profiles. If the ones here don't answer calls and emails, well, we'd get called on the carpet!

As far as who is a good OPM fit for *you* that is an entirely different question and one that can only be answered by you going though and talking to some folks, first sending an email, then chatting on the phone or in Skype. There are OPMs good at certain niches, there are OPMs that you won't "click" with and there is an OPM out there that is probably just what you are looking for

Like affiliate marketing, there are good and bad practices, but there isn't a "one size fits all" managing solution.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Hi Bill,

Welcome to ABW

I agree with Loxly about there being a good fit for you and your program. Hiring an OPM is like hiring someone for your team. You have to make sure you like the person, communicate with them well, that they understand your product and your target market and can communicate the benefits and values of your product or service so affiliate can then effectively communicate that to the end user.

As the others noted, there is a great list of OPMs that you can reach out to and there's sure to be one that fits you just right

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Anyone have the voting on here for the past 2-3 years for Best OPM?

That list would be a good place to start.

Many times OPMs can't work with you because they are already working with a competitor, so you can move down the list.

Anyone in the top 6-7 on those lists is good at what you want. They would not be there if they sucked at communicating.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Great suggestion, Matt! For reference, here are the OPM polls from recent years: 2009 2008 2007.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Thanks for your help everybody. I know returning telephone calls and emails isn't the only criterion for choosing an OPM, but for me it's important to know I'll at least get that -- I'm pretty easy to please.

Michael, thanks for including the OPM voting results -- I had come across them some time ago and was trying to track them down.

Thanks again,

Bill

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread