If you're promoting free satellites and other free stuff on your site, you better check this site out.

satellite/40/

I found this site on a search engine while searching for something else.

The reasons I decided to post that link here are because:

1 - If you click on any of the 50 links on that page, you will get another page with just his affiliate link on the top of the page and below that, you will see many other sites listed with their descriptions and no click able link, I notice a few that don't even have the full url on the description.

WARNING, once you close any of the 50 pages that you decide to check out, you will get a Big PopUp for a Satelite Merchant listed on ABW.

2 - While I don't really care or mind that much about the PopUp, I do care about the way they're using our content for their own benefits while we get screwed out a possible sale.

3 - The satellite links descriptions that we use on our site are not the only ones these people are using, but just to talk about one product at the time I will not mention the others for now. I recognized at least a few of the sites pasted there that belong to members here. It's up to the members here if they want to check that site out and confront that site owner.

4 - I don't think that what these people are doing is legal, if it was legal, I think we all be doing the same instead of optimizing our pages to get a better position on the search engines.

Just imagine going to any search engine and after you type in a keyword, receiving a lot of targeted pages from many sites but only one link to click., that's what they're doing on that site.

5 - Since I believe that we're losing money because sites like that one, that just copy our content and paste it on their pages just to rank higher on the SE, is one of the reasons that I posted the link to that site.

Note: I didn't post this on the satellite forum because I think more people will be able to read about that site here and most likely the owner of that site is reading this and decides to make contact.

Sal.

Affiliate Manager
    Hi,
    this person is using a tool that creates these pages automatically. I tried that tool as well, but think it sucks big time. All it does is to create sites with an ad link on top (the clickable link) and links from the search engines for the keyword below. Then, the webmaster can decide if he wants to make the other links clickable or not.
    I don't remember now what that tool is called, but I have seen it around before and I think that many people in many industries (mostly people who don't know much about SEO, and are trying to get traffic as easy as possible) are using it to try to make some money.
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

If anyone uses this site to purchase anything, they deserve want they get. Horrible and unprofessional and should be banned for spamming.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just another foreign affiliate SE and e-mail spammer.

Registrant:
    Malacka Persa
    7261 LTP 4 2/3
    Taszar 07261
    Hungary

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: www.1ST-DISH-TV.COM
    Created on: 12-Sep-03
    Expires on: 12-Sep-04
    Last Updated on: 12-Sep-03

Administrative Contact:
    Persa, Malacka Malacka@writersnest.com
    7261 LTP 4 2/3
    Taszar 07261
    Hungary
    0360824631 Fax --
    Technical Contact:
    Persa, Malacka Malacka@writersnest.com
    7261 LTP 4 2/3
    Taszar 07261
    Hungary
    0360824631 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    PARK9.SECURESERVER.NET
    PARK10.SECURESERVER.NET

www.writersnest.com

Registrant:
    visionsinstitute
    HHC Taszar
    APO, New York 09793
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
    Domain Name: WRITERSNEST.COM
    Created on: 06-Feb-02
    Expires on: 06-Feb-05
    Last Updated on: 17-Feb-04

Administrative Contact:
    M., Malacka mooreb2002@yahoo.com
    HHC Taszar
    APO, New York 09793
    United States
    (254) 644-7700 Fax --
    Technical Contact:
    M., Malacka malacka@writersnest.com
    HHC Taszar
    APO, New York 09793
    United States
    (254) 644-7700 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
    NS2.IPOWERWEB.NET

notice the goDaddy redirect for e-mailing spam programs on that entry page along with MLM, work at home programs and the typical freebeees. Source code is a hoot!

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    apparently, it's true that this guy is not american, but I think it's wrong to say that he is just another foreign spammer. This product he is using to create all these sites was widely praised in many webmaster newsletters from American webmasters! (Rosalinda Gardner or whatever her name is, for example), so I'm assuming (or I'm almost positive) that many americans use this same method of creating pages as well.
    Thomas Burgemeister - Affiliate Manager
    affiliates@LensWorld.com - 425-372-3471
    LensWorld.com: 10% commission, 120 return days, parasite free - Sign up at <a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=20626">ShareASale</a>.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    No need for asumptions if you access the spam domain blacklists.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...5&m=4406060055

Since the contest began in Jan, my traffic for satellite had dropped. Prior to that, I usually got 1 or 2 satellite sales a month.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread