Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I just figured out what we are. We're mercenaries.

Company A is trying to defend its market share against Company B, so they hire us mercenaries to clog up the SEs with our pages promoting their products, in an effort to fend off advances on their territory by Company B.

We mercenaries work for higher wages, nice perks, and NO PARASITES. If your network or company wishes to hire us you must treat us justly and pay us well or we'll offer our services to your competition.

I'm liking this analogy a lot.

Affiliate Manager
    I wear my military cammies everyday while working at the computer. Got some camo paint coming in the mail real soon too. The other day my printer sounded like it was going to blow up so I hit the deck and low crawled out of my office and into the garage to escape.

Now if I can only find my rifle...

Oh ya, they wouldn't let me keep that and made me give it back when I got out...darn! I will have to settle for my sword.

mercenary tools at cheaperthandirt.com (ammo & some guns) and bassproshops (ammo)

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I think the government now calls mercenaries who shoot people in Iraq "Private Contractors". If you ever hear a private contractor is killed in Iraq, and they don't explain exactly what what that guy was doing, you have to assume he was a mercenary. Since, merchants can call us "Private Contractors" I guess what you say is totally accurate. Because

Mercenaries is the same as private contractors

Mike

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yay! Ojmoo gets it!

I'm not so sure about Chet though. Little worried about him.

Herb's borderline.

Yes, we're like private contractors, available to the highest and most equitable bidder. Our weapons (web sites) aren't for the purpose of destroying the enemy, but promoting the organization with which we've aligned ourselves. I like thinking of myself as a mercenary. It sure beats dweeb.

now that's what i call creative.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread