Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Finals - Lakers vs. Celtics
    What does everyone think of how the NBA playoffs are shaping up? Can't say I'm too surprised so far. Lots of pretty easy wins out east. However, I didn't think that the Spurs were going to win out.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Spurs baby!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

To you think they'll be able to pull it off against the Suns?

I really do think so. They are peaking. The Suns are pretty stout though, but really at this point in the west, I think anyone can win. Only seven games separated the Lakers from the 8th seed Thunder. Seven games over an 82 games season.

My not-so-bold picks:

Cleveland over Boston in 7
    Orlando over Atlanta in 5
    Spurs over Phoenix in 6
    Lakers over Utah in 6

Orlando over Cleveland in the East Finals in 6
    Spurs over the Lakers in the West in 7

Spurs over Orlando in 6

Or so I hope

GO SPURS GO!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    During the off season, I first thought that Boston had done enough to regain the top spot in the east, but with Cleveland's later moves, I changed to them, as I discussed in this earlier thread. Now, however, I think Boston is ready for a run and will beat Cleveland. Like I said back then, Vince Carter is not a guy Orlando can count on in a clutch situation. They are deeper than they were last season, and a healthy Jameer Nelson makes a big difference, but both Cleveland and Boston are much stronger than at this time last season.

In the West, the two teams that would have, if healthy, given the Lakers the toughest series' were Portland, who kills the Lakers in Portland, and Denver. Roy's injury killed Portland's chance, and Karl's illness and injuries in Denver knocked them out. Oklahoma City is a tremendous young team with two of the NBA's greatest young stars and a developing supporting cast. Watch out next season. For now, the Laker's veteran leadership and Kobe at crunch time will still make the difference in the rest of that series and against Phoenix (who will eliminate SA) and Utah.

I'm sticking with the Lakers to repeat as champs.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Sounds like a pretty sound prediction to me.

Playoffs. What playoffs?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Playoffs. What playoffs?

-rematt
    These playoffs, perhaps?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    These playoffs, perhaps?
    I hear it's a real nail biter!

Quote Originally Posted by brett-e2 View Post
    I hear it's a real nail biter!
    You bet - gotta love the Gagarin Cup. I've got tickets for Sundays' Lokomotiv v MVD match in Yaroslavl. If I can just get to Eastern Europe.

Sounds pretty intense to me.

Talk about intense, the Lakers took care of the Thunder tonight, 95-94 on a put-back by Pao Gasol with 0.5 seconds to play. Lakers lead the whole game, then OC went on a 10-0 run to take a 3 pt lead with 2 minutes to play, but tough D and perfect positioning and height by Gasol was too much for OC (who made 27 FTs to the Lakers 9).

I was at the Cavs game a few nights ago. BAAAAD! Lebron is definitely hurt.

WOW is all I can say about Orlando's victory last night. 43 point blowout.
    Matt McWilliams

Well, I was 4-0 in the conference semis.

Like I said, Lakers over Los Suns, Boston over Orlando, and the Lakers over Boston.

Whether or not James stays in Cleveland, Mike Brown is gone. Strange how his team stopped playing with more than a minute to go. You never see a team just quit in a final game like that where there is any possibility of a chance, and 7-8 points is not insurmountable with almost a minute to go.

ABW Ambassador
    I thought we were going to see 2 more sweeps but now we have the Suns winning 2 in a row and the Magic laying the elbows down, winning 2 in a row. Makes it a little more interesting. I know no team has come back from 3-0 and probably not here but it would be something.

As it was meant to be, Lakers v Celtics in finals.

Lakers in Six.

in my views , i don't think spurs is as good.

These playoffs have definitely been different then most years to say the least. I have to admit I'm an Orlando fan, and I saw the Vince let-down coming. He's not that same guy he was early on in his career. Watching him play its almost as if he would rather look cool then play hard.

All that to the side, Lakers are on a mission this year and they will win in 6 when it comes back to L.A. since the final are structured 3-2-3 I believe instead of 2-2-1-1-1

ABW Ambassador
    I'm a Magic fan myself, but I think the Celtics will take it again. They have bigs to counter their bigs, Rondo will have fun with Fisher and I was suprised to see the Celtics FG % when the put it up last series. It's like all the starters are over 50% with 1 or 2 very close. They're healthy and playing well at the right time. And afterwards, the press will be Kobe's (Lakers) could never beat the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by CpawayJames View Post
    All that to the side, Lakers are on a mission this year and they will win in 6 when it comes back to L.A. since the final are structured 3-2-3 I believe instead of 2-2-1-1-1
    2-3-2. Not best of eight.

Yeah both teams do tend to match up pretty well. The whole series should be great.

Kobe's ability to make retardedly hard shots will win the Lakers at least 1 maybe 2 games though. I would find it hard to bet against him, and I've even heard a few announcers make some MJ references about how good he has been shooting late in games.

Lakers in 6 !

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    2-3-2. Not best of eight.
    errr ... yeah ... dyslexia got the best of me there

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by CpawayJames View Post
    Yeah both teams do tend to match up pretty well. The whole series should be great.

Kobe's ability to make retardedly hard shots will win the Lakers at least 1 maybe 2 games though. I would find it hard to bet against him, and I've even heard a few announcers make some MJ references about how good he has been shooting late in games.

Lakers in 6 !
    I remember a thread on this in another forum. As far as last shot to win the game, you would want Gasol instead of Kobe, Kobe is just 25% - http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

I understand it's because people focus on him but some interesting stats. And that's just last shot to win a game, so he might be better overall end of game stats. Was trying to find out what Jordan's was. And Jordan never lost in the Finals This Finals can really help Kobe's legacy but if they lose it'll be a lot of what I posted above, that he couldn't beat the Celtics. Should be a great series, fun to watch.

ABW Ambassador
    Game on, go Celtics. (even tho I don't like them, lesser of 2 evils)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast