Posting Tweets
    I have a Twitter plugin on Word Press that has a setting for me to post my tweets. I was just curious what others thought about this. Do you think it clutters your blog? Do you think it is pointless? Just looking for opinions, not sure if I want to do this or not.

It depends on how related are your blog posts and tweets
    Like some people have plugins which automatically posts a tweet when a post is published so in that case there is no point posting that tweet again on your site
    But you can use some plugin like lifestream which shows tweet in sidebar widget
    - instruite [URL="http://twitter.com/instruite"][IMG]http://www.instruite.com/images/twitter.png[/IMG][/URL]

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Quote Originally Posted by instruite View Post
    Like some people have plugins which automatically posts a tweet when a post is published so in that case there is no point posting that tweet again on your site
    Well I still do that but I use it as a way for them to see how hip I am and the list is basically the same as the "recent Posts" widget.

Plus then traffic is routed through bit.ly and they can see how popular I am.

I like this kind of widgets. if you add tweet widget then you must be active in twitter.

I haven't started using Twitter yet on any of my sites, but do believe that it is an incredibly powerful marketing tool when used right.

Quote Originally Posted by instruite View Post
    Exactly. i use twitterfeed to tweet all my blog posts, it gets me a ton of clicks, but i can't stand messy blogs.

I say NO to the post a tweet on your blog and YES to the lifestream!

Goodluck=]

I like it
    I think it helps with your twitter business as long as its useful and it can provide you movey or traffic either one. If it clutters yours make a page for it instead of a widget.

A twitter widget is helpful only if it doesn't duplicate what's on your site...

As for plugins that tweet your posts.. approx 75% of my followers are competitors, so I only tweet topics that are less important (but still relevant).

Don't forget twitter gives others a chance to see what you're up to without having to visit your site!

Grumpy Old Curmudgeon weighing in again: Twitter is 90% a waste of time. With all due respect to those of you who have found ways to utilize it in your affiliate marketing, I think it's highly misused and/or misunderstood by most people.

Better to use your time writing site content and pre-sale copy for your blogs/websites. Most Twitter people, if they DO come to your site, are just tire-kickers/window shoppers, not buyers.

Just my 2 cents!
    Generate more fake news.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread