I've been thinking about writing a couple of e-books. One would be short - mainly used as a giveaway to encourage newsletter signups, similar to the way that Dr. Ralph Wilson uses one to encourage signups to his Web Marketing Today newsletter.

The second one would be a longer and more in-depth book made primarily to sell.

And no, neither one is about me or how to be successful as a web entrepreneur - though I must admit that I would make an excellent topic

Seriously though, I would like to hear from anyone who has done this or has tried to do this in the past.

Thanks

Greg

I tested giving away a free ebook to encourage newsletter sign ups and it has been excellent. You can't lose. This was a content site that I tested on and now in the next couple of months I will implement it in all of my sites.

Also I did this test to write my first ebook and this is the first month and it is going pretty good. So I have done what you are trying to do now and you should go for it!!

I plan on doing another by the fall. Good luck!

What program did you use to write your ebook? How long did it take you to do it? I've been thinking about writing one but never pursued the idea further. Something I got in my email this morning reminded me that I should go for it. It definitely wouldn't be free, but since it would be my own product, it wouldn't have to cost that much.

Thanks.

Catwoman

I have my first draft of an ebook done. It's also short, basically to be a "chapter" in a larger collection, but also stands on its own.

I used the free version of Natata ebook compiler, and my trusty old HTML editor.

Typing took me the longest, editing next (don't listen to those "gurus" who tell you not to spell check and edit -- it drives many of us crazy and we *won't* be making a second purchase from those who don't edit).

Now what I'm going to do is use it as a freebie for taking a poll so I can determine which of my ebook "chapters" has the most demand. I will also probably use it as incentive to sign up for a newsletter.

I happen to have made contact with the owner of http://ebookhelper.com/ while building a content site years ago. I like her a lot, and her product eBooks4Success helped me get organized and motivate to get that first ebook written.

I'd also recommend looking into making audio file give-aways. Faster to make.
    Video Marketing Success eBook -- co-written by webmarm

Sils book is really great! My company is looking to do sometype of deal with her currently. Hey sil, those aff banners done yet?

What did Sils use to create the book?
    Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    You can sell through clickbank.com (accepts credit cards, costs $50 one-time , charges small fee per transaction) or payloadz.com (paypal only, smaller transaction fee, no start-up fee). Those were about the only options w/o a shopping cart a year ago.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I used Adobe Professional 6.0 for the ebook that I'm selling. The first one was done with Ebook Creator, although I have found different one that has a little more features which Webmarm
    mentioned Natata.

Both projects took several months to complete.

Thanks, I'll take a look at Natata and whenever I'm bored or have nothing else to do, I can write a page or two in the ebook. By the time I'm done, it should be time to start over because it won't be relevant anymore.

Actually I can write better than work with HTML or any other type of programming, so that would be right up my alley. I could even have a French version! WOW now I'm really ambitious, scary...

Thanks Sil and others!

Catwoman

THANKS SILS!!!

Do you have a sample of your first?

Cheers.
    Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N-Affiliate:
    THANKS SILS!!!

Do you have a sample of your first?

Cheers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sure pm your email and i will send it to you

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread