http and a telephoto
    Hope everyone in Tennessee is OK!
    Matt and others from Tennessee, if you have power or phone access, can you check in so we know you are ok?

Yeah, heard the state is taking a big wallop of nasty weather. Hope all are okay.

I live in KY 7 miles from the KY-TN state line. We got the same thing here that they got in TN.

I live 90 miles from Nashville and they have a lot of flooding there. They were showing pictures here of a house floating down Interstate 24 just outside of Nashville.

Prayers for all those affected by the floods.

I had to call my brother after reading the first post. He was on the way from Nashville to Jackson. It took him an extra 2.5 hours as part of I40 was underwater and closed. Some roads where closed near my sister around Jackson too. He said there was a amazing amount of water and flooding, but all mine are safe and dry.

Yeah from what I understand there is flooding in places where it has never flooded. Of course that is devastating since most of those people probably do not have flood insurance. Very sad.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I am OK thankfully. Our house sits up on a bit of a hill. Apparently though, our area (Franklin) was the hardest hit. It did not look like this in our area though, but the more rural and low-lying areas are devastated.

This is from about 3-4 miles away:

For those who have never been to this area, it is incredibly hilly. 300-400+ foot hills are all around with a lot of smaller ones. Also, a lot of rivers and streams.

Saturday was the first time I ever saw an interstate closed down for flooding and that was early on in the rain. The major road just down from our house was flooded over and the homes across that road literally had lakes in their front yards. Their homes were inaccessibly from the road. They had to the homes behind them I suppose to park.

This morning roads everywhere are closed and downtown is practically shut down. It's pretty bad. Apparently over 15 people have died already. They are expecting the Cumberland River (the major on that flows through downtown) to crest today, which could get ugly.

The sewer system cannot take on anymore water and is beginning to flood onto First Avenue. Yuck.

They had to evacuate Opryland Hotel...1500 guests. WOW!

I cannot find the video but I also heard of a mobile classroom in Nashville that started flowing down the rapids and then took off down the interstate. It hit an overpass and just disintegrated. Yikes!

Hopefully it's all dying down, but it was unlike anything I have every seen personally.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Here's a video from CNN of the building floating down the Interstate http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wea...ing.cnn?hpt=T1 It eventually got lodged against other vehicles stranded and the current just ripped it apart.

Glad you and your family are safe Matt. Hope folks can start the cleanup soon and things get back to normal soon. Living somewhere that is prone to flooding my whole life, I always cringe to see it elsewhere. It can be so devasating and destructive.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Glad all of you Ten/Ky people and your families are all ok and hopefully the storms and flooding will end soon with no more damage, injuries or deaths.

Was about to post the video but Kellie beat me to it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Glad to hear that you're okay Matt. Hopefully Tennessee will be back on dry land soon and things can start rebuilding.

Thanks everyone.

I just heard some more stories. The house that my best friend grew up in and I used to stay there in high school, had a nice lake stocked with fish.

The dam broke this weekend and now it is entirely gone. Plus the bridge broke and now there is no way in or out of the house.

Also, the major data center here is under threat. No way in or out and there is a levy nearby that is a threat to break. Could cripple this area as far as internet and servers go. Pray that does not happen! Many of major businesses in this area are hosted there.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

That is just horrible. It will be a while before it's gone, cleaned up and forgotten.

It's so strange throughout the day hearing stories from people I know who have lost homes, cars, churches, or loved ones. Some people are still being rescued via air or water.

The Cumberland is about to crest at 51.5 feet. The banks are 50 feet. Downtown Nashville is devastated right now.

The levy is still OK, but if it breaks, Nashville will be like a mini-New Orleans post-Katrina.

In some cases Saturday and Sunday, the water rose so fast that one lady that works with Tara said they found out about a flood warning and 30 seconds later, her car was gone and the house was flooded. The mailman was still delivering mail and his car was taken away in the current. Minutes later, the house was destroyed.

Here is an incredible movie of some of the damage.

Matt McWilliams

The waters are slowly going back down finally but it's still awful in some places.

This is Opryland Hotel from the air

One of the worst parts, assuming that no levies break, is that we now have a clean water shortage. There are only two pump stations in this area and one of them is out now and the other is dangerously close. They are calling on everyone in this area to conserve as much as possible. The water pressure is pretty low.

Oh...and the mosquitos. Good gosh.
    Matt McWilliams

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread