ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I didn't want to come in right after the changes and scream about the changes in putting product links up until I had a chance to use the new info.

Will some one please wake up. Putting together a bunch of pages over past couple days and the new changes are a step backwords. Maybe it makes it easier for CJ clients tyo use, but for an affiliate (and not wanting to say what I really think of it ), it stinks.
    Product categories are needed!!!!! Grouping all under product catalog and not just calling them what they are, such as bedding, furniture etc etc, means many more blind searches and a much lengthier process to add them. And if I don't add CJ links because of this time consuming issue, your clients don't get the exposure they deserve.
    Will someone please look at reviewing what appears to be a step backwards in product linking features.
    WW

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

Not only that. I can no longer use the "redirect" option on my product links. After I enter the new URL and hit the "update html" button the image doesn't appear. Just a RED X. Anybody else having this problem?

15 years and counting
    "what appears to be a step backwards"
    You got that right.
    Everything at CJ is going backward.
    What can we do? Not much. They are so proud of them they can't listen to us anymore. I guess Ebates is not asking them for product linking.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Don't you just love not knowing what you sell anymore? "sarcasm" Am I putting up products that couldn't sell their way out of a garage sale? Do I have a product that is flying off the shelves that I should be promoting more? I don't know anymore.. who benefits here?

15 years and counting
    Doesn't make me feel good to have several thousand expired links on my web sites. Even if Todd is telling us they will be tracked as long as they are "active" I know I'll have to replace them. If I have to do now it will be out of CJ.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Backward !!!!
    Product link is very useful Now they delete it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] and create product catalog [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

TODD i hope cj reconsider this, like commission rating in the past !!!!

ABW Ambassador
    As CJ told us, was a technical issue.
    Unfortunately, They got the Database not well designed for scalability and now they must sacrifice quality services to keep the database alive while growing a little more.

This was confirmed by CJ. They will add some features next year to help us a little, I guess some SID related extension, like the transaction showing the link thyat originated the sale, but not clicks or impression on the link, so product EPC would be not restored...

Fer

How difficult would it be for the merchant to use the product code when confirming the sale. Would it be possible for cj to track the product code when the sale is made. Something such as this would be of great benifit to all affilates. It would seem that it would benifit all as the end result would be increased sales.

I could type much better if I had knuckles

It is pure idiocy what CJ has done regarding Product linking! They Should of offered the Product Data Feeds as an option! And left the existing product linking and tracking alone! Not all of us publishers are going to go for the product data feeds right now if ever! And, even if I do it will be supplimental!

Regardless, we need to know what we are selling!!! And, we should be able to see what products are selling network wide with the EPC! But most of all I just want to know what I am selling!! If I see that an item is starting to sell, I will post it to more than one page to push harder! If I see a product is not selling I remove it! It's very basic marketing!!

CJ needs to hire someone that knows marketing! Or, at the very least listen to the publishers!

Inserting SID for thousands of product links!! They are crazy!!

Tami

quote:
    Originally posted by Tami:
    Inserting SID for thousands of product links!! They are crazy!!
    Tami

And tracking them back manually one by one.

He who steals a minaret prepares a proper
    cover beforehand, said of someone who intends to do something illegal.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread