Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    AFP Is A Parasite
    Or more specifically, I'm a parasite.

That according to a blog dedicated just to ME. Yes a whole entire blog just about me!

Looks like I must be doing something right.

I'll take a wide stab in the dark and guess an affiliate who had an account terminated for using contextual adware.

I can't wait for the next installment. I hope they keep 'em coming.

And just for accurracy...it's Kellie not Kelly. They did spell it right at least once.

Congratulations!

BTW, did you mean to give them link juice? If you'd like me to unlink it, just let me know.

Keep up the good fight. Your vigilance makes the affiliate world a better place.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

WooHoo, Kellie. Now you know you've made the "big time." Controversy is good for business and that person is helping to make you famous.

I'll go over and begin commenting - but I'll likely get "deleted."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    You would think a bitter person that was busted cheating/stealing would have better things to do with his/her time...but then maybe not

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    17 days old and no comments: Either zero traffic or all comments have been pro-AFP and removed, or both.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Wonder if my comment will make it through.
    :rankn-scp John - This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do.

BTW, did you mean to give them link juice? If you'd like me to unlink it, just let me know.
    I inteneded it MC. But thanks. They'll be getting some link juice from more than one place.

@Bill and Gary..I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

I do so looovvvveeee being 24/7 PMS woman that I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSupSvc View Post
    Wonder if my comment will make it through.
    Me, too. (I saved mine to share later if it doesn't make it).

@Kellie - Everybody's got to laugh (to exist in this business). Note the last line in my sig.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Michael Coley says:

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

May 4, 2010 at 12:53 am

Bravo Kellie! The efforts you make to clean up the industry are much appreciated. I don’t expect that this comment will ever see the light of day, but at least the blog owner will realize that you are appreciated by many.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

No worries guys if your comments don't get through on the blog. No dobut they'll see the thread here. Yeah...they visit ABW. And yeah, I've already pretty much figured out who the post is from.

@Bill I laugh all the time. I tend to lean towards the morbid with my humor, so this is right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B View Post
    No worries guys if your comments don't get through on the blog. No dobut they'll see the thread here. Yeah...they visit ABW. And yeah, I've already pretty much figured out who the post is from.

@Bill I laugh all the time. I tend to lean towards the morbid with my humor, so this is right up my alley.
    Kellie,

Besides picking up software based parasites, does AFP pick up affiliates who are violating search engine policy, or straight up driving fraudulent traffic? Your site is overly vague, and the blog hasn't been updated since 2008 (and has plenty of spam links in comments that you might want to delete ).

Is AFP compensated in any manner relating to the amount of parasitic traffic caught/removed?

I always suspected there was something fishy about you.

Every time I open one of your threads my McAfee ForumPoster Advisor warns me.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Nice shot of you strolling down the lane contemplating your ill gotten gains Ms B! Backhanded Compliment I would say.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

I've got a hunch that it's somebody who's had a beef with you all along, who has no true personal interest in 4checks at all. *wink*
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

15 years and counting
    You hit a nerve, Kellie. That's what happen to celebrities.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    I'm not at all surprised to find out that anyone who would cause a major oil spill would also be a parasite. You (Kellie) also caused that mess in the Gulf of Mexico. Right!?!
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Sometimes the de-marketing can cause PR, as a background in Marketing I have learned the cases in which someone does the mistake exactly like the Merchant, and the effect reverse after all... sometimes questioning the big fish can create much hype, that is kind of done here... When Kellie did post the thread, people would visit the blog... and the news is juvenating up. But Kellie is true, there are always roam to take a laugh out of it…

If the person has enough stamina to talk, he/she could talk here or enable the post comments, but this is not going to be happen because someone don’t want to play a fair game with Affiliate Fair Play
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

you know you're doing something good when you get potshots like this.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I see the author of the blog is chachingchaching?

Good work Kellie!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I've got a hunch that it's somebody who's had a beef with you all along, who has no true personal interest in 4checks at all. *wink*

Good hunch.

sometimes questioning the big fish can create much hype, that is kind of done here... When Kellie did post the thread, people would visit the blog
    I've no problem helping them promote their new site.

I'm not at all surprised to find out that anyone who would cause a major oil spill would also be a parasite. You (Kellie) also caused that mess in the Gulf of Mexico. Right!?!
    I was wondering when I would be recognized for that achievement! Let's not forget my handiwork with the levees during Katrina....

Is AFP compensated in any manner relating to the amount of parasitic traffic caught/removed?
    You mean like a bounty fee? Nope. There are public comments from me going way back opposing that type of payment structure. It could foster conflicts.

I have to say that I am a bit disappointed though that someone couldn't muster up enough hate to get a real domain for it. I mean a freebie WP site??? Where's the comittment?
    Last edited by Kellie aka Ms. B; May 4th, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

This is too funny It sure sounds like someone who was caught stealing and wants to blame it on those who caught them. It's a clear sign you're making an impact.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B View Post
    I have to say that I am a bit disappointed though that someone couldn't muster up enough hate to get a real domain for it. I mean a freebie WP site??? Where's the comittment?
    I have a feeling they're just afraid that they would leave some tracks with a real domain, even hidden behind Domains by Proxy.

While you're very open about everything you do, those who do evil in our industry like to hide in the shadows.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

It seems that all our comments have been approved and whiner is responding to them in typical troll fashion.

My favourite so far is "I don't have to reveal my identity. I can do whatever I want."

Whew -- just finished looking at all the comments. 1 supporter of chachingchaching in the bunch. A member of blackhatworld.com no less 8=)

Gonna have to unsubscribe from the comments though -- I suspect that this troll is going to be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    My favourite so far is "I don't have to reveal my identity. I can do whatever I want."
    Yeah, that was my favorite too. With that attitude, it's no wonder he got on Kellie's radar.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast