ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Vote for the Sessions You Want to See at Affiliate Summit East 2010
    Affiliate Summit is using a different process this time around to select speaker proposals. In the past, speaker proposals were voted on by the Affiliate Summit Advisory Board, and those with the most votes were chosen.

But everybody has a vote for Affiliate Summit East 2010!

We’ve posted the 100+ speaker proposals we’ve received and we need your help.

The speaker proposals have been pared down to the titles, speakers, descriptions, and classifications (experience level and main subject).

You can vote for submissions you’d like to see at Affiliate Summit East 2010 by clicking the arrow next to the proposed session. You may vote for as many sessions as you’d like. Voting will be open through May 14, 2010.

Create an account now at http://affiliatesummit.slinkset.com/ and start voting.

Speakers for Affiliate Summit will be chosen based on the combined votes from the public and the Affiliate Summit Advisory Board.

Please note: all speaker prospects were given strict session title and description character/word limit guidelines and signed off that all spelling and grammar was accurate. If the submissions went over their alloted limitations, they were cut short and replaced with “…”
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Awesome! Got my votes in. Made one pass through the list just looking at the titles (and descriptions if the titles caught my attention). Picked about 10. Made a second pass through just looking at the speakers, to see if I missed anything interesting from people I know and respect.

One thing caught me by surprise. I didn't see a Wil Reynolds session. Please tell me I missed something. He's one of the highlights of Affiliate Summit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post

One thing caught me by surprise. I didn't see a Wil Reynolds session. Please tell me I missed something. He's one of the highlights of Affiliate Summit.
    Hey Michael,

I did confirm that we received a submission for Wil, but he wasn't 100% sure that he could make the conference just yet, so it wasn't posted. He's currently on his honeymoon and was going to let us know for sure when he got back. So there's a chance you *may* get one of your highlights still ;-)
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com

Shouldn't Wil still be in the vote, even if he's not 100% sure?

Will there be others with delayed submissions that will be added later? Guess we need to keep an eye on the "Recent" additions page.

Will you be auditing the votes to make sure there's no ballot stuffing?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

No, we do not want to include a session that may not actually happen. This might prevent another session from making the cut.

Wil's is the only session that I'm aware of that is not included and yes, we've got a close eye on the voting process.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Exclamation
    Wil has confirmed he is in and his session is now up there, too: http://affiliatesummit.slinkset.com/...s_and_Failures
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Great! Thanks for the heads up, Shawn!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Are we allowed to pimp our sessions in here, now that the announcement has been made and everything?
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I'll let Shawn and Missy make that call. I'm not sure if they really want people doing that. I know I've already received a bulk email from one speaker soliciting votes, and it felt a bit spammy.

Once the sessions are finalized, we'll definitely start a thread for members to promote the sessions they'll be speaking at.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Right on, not a problem either way
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread