Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    What Website Design software do you use?
    This affiliate marketing stuff is still fairly new to me. I'm currently running a gadget and gizmo site by using iweb then processing it with iweb buddy. Ultimately I have it hosted by iweb/mobileme and cloaked to my domain. i know this is completely the wrong way to do this. It was just a testing/learning ground. Anyway, I'm finally looking to move to the correct way of doing this and create a site and have it hosted and linked directly to my domain. I'm curious of what software titles folks use for Macs?

I downloaded NVU and the trial versions of Sandvox and Rapidweaver. What would you guys recommend. Keep in mind, I'd like to keep it simple but flexible. The NVU seems promising especially since it's free. Any input would be great!

Thanks much,
    Robert

Edited to remove manual signature. Signature rights come after you have been here a good while.
    Last edited by Bill; May 4th, 2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Removed manual signature.

http and a telephoto
    RRack, moved your thread out of the Golden Can forum since it is not related to that service.

Please note also that your manual signature was removed.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Robert,

I strongly recommend Rapidweaver. I've used it for a couple of years and built several sites with it*.

I had 3.6 for use with Tiger (10.4) until last month when I upgraded to Snow Leopard (10.6) and RW 4.3 and there are some serious improvements.

My one problem had been with what WAS just terrible support, but they have fixed that. I tried to update 3.6 sites on my new 10.6 OS and ran into big problems, and while it used to take days to get a response from RW support, now I received help in minutes.

The full version is well worth the very reasonable price, and if you do a search, you can find a coupon.

Note, the 3.6 > 4.3 update, two years after my original purchase, was FREE.
    ____
    *One of which is my sports blog linked below, if you want to take a look (that is the only blog I've done with RW.)
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; May 4th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

You might like Aptana:
    http://www.aptana.org/
    Aptana Studio is a complete web development environment that combines powerful authoring tools for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, along with thousands of additional plugins created by the community.

Download Aptana Studio for Windows, Mac, or Linux. Both the standalone and Eclipse plugin distributions are free, open source software.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I use Dreamwaver. I've downloaded Aptana. Let see how it works.

I use Dreamweaver CS3 and have been using Dreamweaver since way back when. It's always been able to do what I want so haven't really looked at anything else.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Expression Web 3. I really like it. It used to be FrontPage but they changed the name and added many new features.

ABW Ambassador
    I also use Dreamweaver - same reasons as Greg. It always works.

Outsourced Program Manager Andy2.0's Avatar
    Hey Robert,

I'd like to offer you a free trial of XSitePro, It's a GUI based site creation software that's extremely easy to learn and use.

http://www.xsitepro.com

Here's the site if you'd like some more information on it...

My email's in my signature, feel free to shoot me over a few words

Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: AndyJr@andyrodriguez.com | P: (305) 412-3512 | AIM & MSN: Andy2PointO| Follow me on Twitter

Affiliate Programs We Manage, Join Today: XSitePro.com | Chatmeter.com | DeluxeForBusiness.com| EverythingHangers.com | DesignerChecks.com | OneWayFurniture.com | ChecksUnlimited.com | BiblicaDirect.com - IBSDirect.com

XSitePro is worth a look. I've used it on a couple of sites and am pleased with the results.
    It doesn't have a steep learning curve to get started and has a lot of functionality, once you get into it.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Let's extend this offer to anyone reading this post, send an email to Andy (Jr) and he will send you a free trial software ... all i ask is that you sign up for the program so we can justify it to our merchant ... whn you start using it, you will want to set up links and start earning commissions ... it really rocks ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Manager BlogBonnieBlog's Avatar
    Might have to take Andy up on that XSitePro trial but I have been a DreamWeaver user for ever and ever. Also am enjoying wordpress based sites that I can access from anywhere, are totally webbased and occasionally I"ll pop into Dreamweaver to tweak things here and there for those sites. Wordpress is great for accessing on cellphones too where my Dreamweaver must have it's only more robust computer. (it runs way slow on my little netbook if i try to multitask).

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy2.0 View Post
    Hey Robert,

I'd like to offer you a free trial of XSitePro, It's a GUI based site creation software that's extremely easy to learn and use.

http://www.xsitepro.com

Here's the site if you'd like some more information on it...

My email's in my signature, feel free to shoot me over a few words
    NOT Mac compatible unless you have "installed a windows environment".
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I'm a Mac user, and I've been using Dreamweaver since version 4, many years ago. I find though, that I'm using it less and less as I convert my sites to Wordpress - it's not just for blogging. Have you considered using Wordpress, Drupal, or another CMS? With installed software, you have little to worry about beyond theme customization and affiliate-related plugins, of which there are many.

So, my vote goes to Dreamweaver and/or Wordpress
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I have been using xsite pro for about 3 months and i absolutely love it. Very easy to use and doesn't require any knowledge of code.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I love threads like this.....

Gives me a chance to show off and prove to Y'all that I am on top of my design game.

Bought the latest edition of my "state of the art", hands down, the best website design software on the planet earth and have a ton of successful sites running because of it....

I spent the Big bucks and have been pleased with it since day one.....

Been a while back tho!

Front Page 2003 RAWKS -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Outsourced Program Manager Andy2.0's Avatar
    Hey All,

That offer's still out there, anyone wanting to give XSitePro a whirl, I'm sure I can come up with a full license! Just PM or email me and I'll get you up and running!

www.andyrodriguez.com | E: AndyJr@andyrodriguez.com | P: (305) 412-3512 | AIM & MSN: Andy2PointO| Follow me on Twitter

Affiliate Programs We Manage, Join Today: XSitePro.com | Chatmeter.com | DeluxeForBusiness.com| EverythingHangers.com | DesignerChecks.com | OneWayFurniture.com | ChecksUnlimited.com | BiblicaDirect.com - IBSDirect.com

Hey All,

That offer's still out there, anyone wanting to give XSitePro a whirl, I'm sure I can come up with a full license! Just PM or email me and I'll get you up and running!
    Sent you a PM.
    Generate more fake news.

Expression Web 3. I really like it. It used to be FrontPage but they changed the name and added many new features.
    Burgerboy, did you have to make changes to the existing websites? I use Frontpage 2003 extensively. Some sites have Frontpage specific functions like navigation and some don't. Did you find it a big deal to migrate to Expression Web 3?

I had no problems changing over to EW 3 but my sites use a lot of php and with EW 3 the php includes are put on the pages in EW 3 and you can see what you have before you publish your site where FP 03 doesn't show php includes while you're working on your sites.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    Hey All,

Sounds like a great deal. I wouldn't mind trying that out for myself.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post
    I also use Dreamweaver - same reasons as Greg. It always works.
    Same here, I have been using Dreamweaver for 8 years now. Never used anything else.

I suppose you could say that I know nothing about anything else though. Even so, I like Dreamweaver, and it has worked for me over the years.

I finally decided to go with a content management system rather than design my own website. I struggled for quite a while, off and on, to build a website, but never really got anywhere with it. I can handle code just fine, but I'm more the technical type than the visual design type and could never get things to look exactly like I wanted. Finally, I just got Joomla and a good book to learn how to use it. After I had the basics figured out, I found a template that was acceptable and installed that. While I've been configuring Joomla, my wife has been adding articles. I still have some configuration to do and at least one extension I want to add (a blog comment extension), but at least we have a live site now (actually, two live sites, my wife set up another one), and I'm happy with Joomla at this point.
    Last edited by RonnieC; June 5th, 2010 at 12:41 AM.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Sounds like a great deal. I wouldn't mind trying that out for myself.
    Julian,

Here is what makes XSP so different http://www.xsitepro.com/features.html

and the demo is here:
    http://www.xsitepro.com/video-demo.html

enjoy and let me know if you have any questions ..
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Still using M$ FrontPage 2000
    I am still using M$ FrontPage 2000, which is very long in the tooth, but easy to use. The HTML isn't good, but I need something easy for me to use, and, especially, very easy for my wife to use.

This morning, I was trying to get 4 Search Boxes for a LinkShare Merchant installed, but they did not work properly. Not sure if that's a problem with their Search Boxes or M$ FrontPage 2000. :-)

I sent Andy 2.0 a PM and if he sends me a license for XSitePro I am going to check it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast