ABW Ambassador
    [Split] Rude Responses Run Off Potential Members
    A little off topic but I have to comment about how a newbie really tried to contribute to the forum (forget for a second how naive the post was) - and she was sarcastically ridiculed. Who knows what a rich resource this now departed member could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post
    A little off topic but I have to comment about how a newbie really tried to contribute to the forum (forget for a second how naive the post was) - and she was sarcastically ridiculed. Who knows what a rich resource this now departed member could have been.
    I missed that sarcastic post the first time around (last December). It's been removed now. In the future, if you see something that should be moderated, just click the Report Post button () and the moderators will take a look at it.

I think we've made tremendous progress in the past few months at being more professional and respectful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Michael!

It's good to know that ABW is still the friendly place I joined so many years ago. I will definitely make better use of the button - thanks for reinforcing that!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I missed that sarcastic post the first time around (last December). It's been removed now. In the future, if you see something that should be moderated, just click the Report Post button () and the moderators will take a look at it.

I think we've made tremendous progress in the past few months at being more professional and respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post
    Thanks Michael!

It's good to know that ABW is still the friendly place I joined so many years ago. I will definitely make better use of the button - thanks for reinfrcing that!
    Yes I'm new here (brand new) and I have noticed that there is very little bashing / flaming going on.

I used to run a network of video game forums and always had to deal with immature people. Thankfully within the focus of this community people are naturally more mature but also more willing to stick within the rules and not be too much of a pain.

Moderator Note: I split this out since it's not really relevant to the original thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuthrie View Post
    Yes I'm new here (brand new) and I have noticed that there is very little bashing / flaming going on.

I used to run a network of video game forums and always had to deal with immature people. Thankfully within the focus of this community people are naturally more mature but also more willing to stick within the rules and not be too much of a pain.
    Wait for the hot subjects to come. But, I agree, people here are less immature than most forums.
    btw, welcome. 1-I saw your website and it's good to see somebody talking about money without all the hype.
    2-I like Seattle and surrounding cities (at the right season)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuthrie View Post

Things have definitely improved. There's still some heated debate but I think it's more businesslike and respectful.

There used to be an unwritten rule around here that you couldn't disagree with a veteran member.

In the past 2 weeks, I've disagreed with two CEOS from major networks. Each situation resulted in a respectful conclusion and I beleive a mutual respect for each of us.

MC, you've done a great job!

Affiliate Manager maxwellgarner's Avatar
    I've never searched for forums to join until just recently. When I started looking for affiliate marketing forums, I ran across wickedfire ... just horrible, anybody that posts anything on topic just gets hammered, it wasn't very good at all...and most everything on there isn't very affiliate related. This forum is a fresh of breath air.
    Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money, it's a way of life.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    In the past 2 weeks, I've disagreed with two CEOS from major networks. Each situation resulted in a respectful conclusion and I beleive a mutual respect for each of us.

MC, you've done a great job!
    Thank you! I'd like to think that I've helped all of you do a great job. I've always believed that professional, respectful disagreement and constructive criticism was far more productive and effective than rants, raves and attacks. It's refreshing to see the fruits of that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread