Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2005
    Posts
    639
    [Split] Rude Responses Run Off Potential Members
    A little off topic but I have to comment about how a newbie really tried to contribute to the forum (forget for a second how naive the post was) - and she was sarcastically ridiculed. Who knows what a rich resource this now departed member could have been.

  2. #2
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post
    A little off topic but I have to comment about how a newbie really tried to contribute to the forum (forget for a second how naive the post was) - and she was sarcastically ridiculed. Who knows what a rich resource this now departed member could have been.
    I missed that sarcastic post the first time around (last December). It's been removed now. In the future, if you see something that should be moderated, just click the Report Post button () and the moderators will take a look at it.

    I think we've made tremendous progress in the past few months at being more professional and respectful.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2005
    Posts
    639
    Thanks Michael!

    It's good to know that ABW is still the friendly place I joined so many years ago. I will definitely make better use of the button - thanks for reinforcing that!

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I missed that sarcastic post the first time around (last December). It's been removed now. In the future, if you see something that should be moderated, just click the Report Post button () and the moderators will take a look at it.

    I think we've made tremendous progress in the past few months at being more professional and respectful.

  4. #4
    Newbie ChrisGuthrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post
    Thanks Michael!

    It's good to know that ABW is still the friendly place I joined so many years ago. I will definitely make better use of the button - thanks for reinfrcing that!
    Yes I'm new here (brand new) and I have noticed that there is very little bashing / flaming going on.

    I used to run a network of video game forums and always had to deal with immature people. Thankfully within the focus of this community people are naturally more mature but also more willing to stick within the rules and not be too much of a pain.

  5. #5
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    Moderator Note: I split this out since it's not really relevant to the original thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  6. #6
    15 years and counting
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,121
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuthrie View Post
    Yes I'm new here (brand new) and I have noticed that there is very little bashing / flaming going on.

    I used to run a network of video game forums and always had to deal with immature people. Thankfully within the focus of this community people are naturally more mature but also more willing to stick within the rules and not be too much of a pain.
    Wait for the hot subjects to come. But, I agree, people here are less immature than most forums.
    btw, welcome. 1-I saw your website and it's good to see somebody talking about money without all the hype.
    2-I like Seattle and surrounding cities (at the right season)

  7. #7
    Moderator bibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGuthrie View Post
    Yes I'm new here (brand new) and I have noticed that there is very little bashing / flaming going on.

    I used to run a network of video game forums and always had to deal with immature people. Thankfully within the focus of this community people are naturally more mature but also more willing to stick within the rules and not be too much of a pain.
    Things have definitely improved. There's still some heated debate but I think it's more businesslike and respectful.

    There used to be an unwritten rule around here that you couldn't disagree with a veteran member.

    In the past 2 weeks, I've disagreed with two CEOS from major networks. Each situation resulted in a respectful conclusion and I beleive a mutual respect for each of us.

    MC, you've done a great job!

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager maxwellgarner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    109
    I've never searched for forums to join until just recently. When I started looking for affiliate marketing forums, I ran across wickedfire ... just horrible, anybody that posts anything on topic just gets hammered, it wasn't very good at all...and most everything on there isn't very affiliate related. This forum is a fresh of breath air.
    Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money, it's a way of life.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

  9. #9
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    In the past 2 weeks, I've disagreed with two CEOS from major networks. Each situation resulted in a respectful conclusion and I beleive a mutual respect for each of us.

    MC, you've done a great job!
    Thank you! I'd like to think that I've helped all of you do a great job. I've always believed that professional, respectful disagreement and constructive criticism was far more productive and effective than rants, raves and attacks. It's refreshing to see the fruits of that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Big Brands Who Are Rude
    By SunshineTricia in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: November 24th, 2010, 11:45 AM
  2. Sorry, Did not mean to be rude!
    By jumar112 in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 19th, 2007, 09:45 AM
  3. Rude Awakening
    By genbintn in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
  4. Rude Merchant Practices
    By Rhea in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: August 4th, 2006, 01:37 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 8th, 2005, 06:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •