Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Amazing Pictures of the Tennessee Floods
    Here are some amazing pictures of the floods this weekend.

We are recovering here in Nashville, but it truly is going to be a long road ahead.

This is Opryland Hotel:

Lighthouse Christian School teacher Heather Harrell reacts after finding her grandmother's Bible in her classroom that was destroyed by the flood in Antioch:

Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Some really sad pictures. It really seems like the last 10 years have seen a lot of devastation world wide.

Man I was love Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Was there in June. One of the best places to stay in the Country.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Really a very shocking and sad images, no words for this terrible disaster

It really seems like the last 10 years have seen a lot of devastation world wide.
    Indeed, sad pictures. Nature is kicking back for what we are doing to it?
    (Yes, I do subscribe to that theory)

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    so sad yeah, seems like there has been one earthquake after another here lately. Floods, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes......reminds me of a quote I once read "The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth" - Chief Seattle
    Maybe we are being reminded of that.

Hope you and yours are safe!!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Awesome pictures Matt.

Very sad.

Boston.com always have these great pictures and I was on your blog earlier today Matt, and saw some others too...

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    I hope things get better soon. Do you live there?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Some great pictures Matt. Looks like a large clean up is going to be needed!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I'm glad you deleted that last post Michael, because I was about to go off

"hilarious" is not exactly the word to describe these pictures.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Seriously, don't understand what part of these pictures is "hilarious". May be some kid who has no idea what the word "flood" means. "horrible" could have been a better word. Thousands lost their homes, wealth, everything. Not sure how many people died in these floods. Talk about all the disease that follows in the flood-prone area. How can anyone think that these pics are hilarious .. I wonder.

Affiliate Manager Decorative Ceiling Tiles's Avatar
    Think, think, think before you say or write something. It is not funny to joke about disasters.

BTW, in Czech Republic, (Moravia Part) is also getting floods at the moment and it is still raining. I remember how we had 40 days of rain couple of years ago, not fun.

Around 17 years ago (I was 15 at that time) it rained like that, not fun at all. Just couple of miles from our residence, the whole area was under water. It was like half the city was under water and we were lucky that the flood waters didn't reach our residence.
    When the water settled down, we visited the flood affected area. Man, it is tough to spend few minutes in the affected area. It gets really smelly, dead pets, dead animals, stuff everywhere, fungus, infection, etc. Media covers only pictures that show the flood, they hardly cover the pics that show what remains ...

See the first couple of pics. All the stuff is wasted, kid's stuff, pictures, albums, memories .. all of that, that cannot be recovered. We build our house, buy all the stuff, put things together, for years and all of a sudden all gone .. sad.

It is amazing to see people still so brave inside .. the last pic in your pics Matt
    Very Inspiring ...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McWilliams View Post
    I'm glad you deleted that last post Michael, because I was about to go off

"hilarious" is not exactly the word to describe these pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    Seriously, don't understand what part of these pictures is "hilarious". May be some kid who has no idea what the word "flood" means. "horrible" could have been a better word. Thousands lost their homes, wealth, everything. Not sure how many people died in these floods. Talk about all the disease that follows in the flood-prone area. How can anyone think that these pics are hilarious .. I wonder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorative Ceiling Tiles View Post
    Think, think, think before you say or write something. It is not funny to joke about disasters.
    I'm pretty sure the "poster" never even saw the thread. It looked like a bot, just posting random responses to get backlinks.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    Hope you and yours were safe from the flooding. We can rebuild the lost property. Bless you, Matt.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I had no idea things were that bad. I hope life continues to improve for you all.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Thanks for posting these pics. I didn't realize it was that bad. I need to have my wife give her good friend in the Nashville area a call.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Sometimes I feel so far removed from the devastation because we live on a hill.

It has continued to rain a lot here and the worst we have seen on our property is that our backyard is pretty gross...just a lot of mud and hard to mow. A lot of the soil washed away, but geesh, that is the worst that happened for us.

I have said it before and I say it again...Nashville and the entire Middle Tennessee area pulled together like no one, at least in the nationwide media, has ever seen.

One week later, most of the cleanup was done. Two weeks later, we all kind of ran out of stuff to do as far as cleanup. Then we started housing the homeless, feeding the hungry, and providing for those who lost possessions.

Then we waited for things to dry out...and now the rebuilding can already begin.

Less than a month later and we are already rebuilding! Pretty cool
    Matt McWilliams

Unhappy
    Very disappointing! This is the worst ever devastating flood. It could have been very hard for Tennessee people to get out from such a dangerous situation.

I would like to tell you something that this is the reply of nature as we human are not stooping exploiting nature.

Unhappy
    Oh.. Pictures are really sad.. what a disaster

When was this? I didn't know it was this bad...I think I heard about the flooding but never thought this kind of flooding. Glad to know everything is all well now.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasv View Post
    When was this? I didn't know it was this bad...I think I heard about the flooding but never thought this kind of flooding. Glad to know everything is all well now.
    May 1-2 I think. Whatever the first weekend of May was.

Most everything is back to normal except for so many who lost everything.

The great thing is that the community came together like never before. And in a way that is very proud of this area, like very few communities in the nation.

No one was waiting around for the government to do anything. Neighbors took care of their neighbors. Friends helped friends. Strangers showed up at homes and helped. FEMA was an afterthought.

Totally unlike post-Katrina or so many other disasters. By the time people from outside the state got here, we were mostly done.

Such a great example of how to handle things like this.

I guess I am bragging...and I am. But I do hope that it serves as a model for other areas that will inevitably face disaster at some point.
    Matt McWilliams

flood
    why is the water red? are there many victims?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast