Your best website is...
    I don't mean the domain, nor the niche if you don't want to share it, I think it would be interesting to know what we have on our best performing website(s).

I mean at website components level ( free forum, paid membership, paid consultation, articles section, blog, diy guides, shopping comparison, user reviews etc just to make some examples): I think it's very interesting to know more about what works for the others, even without going in detail so we're not sharing sensitive information.

I'll start:

So far my best earner has been a website built around a specific tech gadget with an article on the home page and an EPN widget with this thing for sale.
    The website has three additional pages with related accessories but these pages are not producing anything noticeable.
    On the home page and other pages I also have adsense, cj banners, amazon widgets.
    I used wordpress to build it but just because it was the quickest way, it could be static html as well as there's nothing dynamic on it.
    No forums, community or fancy stuff.

what about you?

I have a couple that are about tied for stats and $$ and another close behind. They are travel/destination sites with local info and lots of photos. We sell hotel reservations and a few "beachy" things on one of our oldest sites.

We are also about to launch a hotels program where we hope to show others how to do this on a small scale - for niche(s) in their own back yards.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

My best is a content site with AdSense. I found a good source of traffic and a design that leads to a high click through rate. The problem is that I can't expand the traffic source so I have a daily ceiling on earnings. I'm trying to improve the site as much as possible so the people who see it each day will return and tell others. I have seen an increase in the amount of visitors from Google, but they don't click on ads nearly as often.

On your gadget site, how do you get traffic? Are you buying clicks on search engines, posting links for free somewhere, getting free search traffic, etc...???
    Last edited by OICUAM2; May 5th, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2 View Post
    On your gadget site, how do you get traffic? Are you buying clicks on search engines, posting links for free somewhere, getting free search traffic, etc...???
    organic #1 position for my target keyword on Google

knowing how everyone drives traffic to the website mentioned in this discussion would also be very interesting

Sites with profile graphics for users of myspace and other social networking sites. CPM is nice; no need to worry about making a sale. As long as the traffic is there, the revenue comes along with it.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Affiliate Manager maxwellgarner's Avatar
    I've got a blog that is submitted to a service that lets users submit articles to multiple blogs in order to build back links. It is nice because I've incorporated adsense into the posts, so each new posts makes one more place on the site with relative text links. What I love most about it is that it is one part of my network that I don't have to do anything with and my site is consistently getting fresh, quality content. The posting service pre-screens all of the posts, so it truly is on autopilot.

It's not my biggest money maker or anything, I just think that it's neat.
    Affiliate marketing is not just a way to make money, it's a way of life.
    Maxwell Garner | Owner | [URL="http://creditcardaffiliateservices.com"]CreditCardAffiliateServices.com[/URL] | Phone - 407-504-5944

Quote Originally Posted by MoreBeer View Post
    organic #1 position for my target keyword on Google

knowing how everyone drives traffic to the website mentioned in this discussion would also be very interesting
    My personal sites, including the ones I mentioned a few posts up, are all SEO. I rank well for some very competitive terms in my niche markets.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Would I be correct in assuming that all of our "best" sites are the ones lucky enough to have a few high rankings in Google?

Google is one of the most important factors in millions of people's attempts to make it online. The frustrating thing is that the "Google love" comes and goes, changes its requirements often, and sometimes doesn't even make sense.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Info sites. Doing almost as well with adsense as with affiliate links
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread