Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Targeted SEO vs. MICRO-Targetd SEO....?
    I don't have a lot of time at the moment to delve into this too deeply, but I have to say.....

I think MICRO-TARGETING is the only way to stay on top of the SEO game for the near future....

I love and cherish my terms that have produced globally for many years now, but to get the SALE, we are all going to have to dig a little deeper and spend a LOT more time on marketing our niches locally...

I'm talking square miles....

Not regions....

Goog is the big boy and they are targeting their results to sites that are around the corner from our prospective customers....

We need to be there in the results....

Think on that until I get back later....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

http and a telephoto
    Some things on the internet aren't niched to be available locally. There are people that have been targeting micro-niche keywords all along and they are the ones that are now ahead of the game.

Some people have been preaching micro niche to people for a long time, but some people haven't been listening. Micro-niche = long tail = the more targeted the better.

Not new, always has been that way. Adding local to that where appropriate is also very important.

Glad to see people are realizing this.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly View Post
    Some things on the internet aren't niched to be available locally. There are people that have been targeting micro-niche keywords all along and they are the ones that are now ahead of the game.

Some people have been preaching micro niche to people for a long time, but some people haven't been listening. Micro-niche = long tail = the more targeted the better.

Not new, always has been that way. Adding local to that where appropriate is also very important.

Glad to see people are realizing this.
    Always been that way, but people just don't listen or see three steps ahead of the game....

I've been shooting for and receiving great traffic from very broad search terms.

Home Improvement ( plus as many long tail keywords as possible )

Remodeling

Do it yourself.

Been keeping me alive for years, because I stay a step ahead of the SEO changes where I see them.

Just so much competition being created every minute, that MICRO-TARGETING is going to become ABSOLUTELY, 110%, NECESSARY......

RIGHT NOW is the time to get your ducks in a row or be lost forever in the Black Hole that they call the Internet!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

P.S. Once the big companies flood all the micro keywords with pages (or once Google decides to primarily deliver local results for local searches), then we all will be back to the other truth of this business which is delivering so much value that we build solid customer bases with repeat business and word of mouth referrals.

Relying on SEO traffic has been a nice run for many people, but any traffic strategy that relies on anything other than repeat business and word of mouth referrals will always be on fragile ground.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2 View Post
    Relying on SEO traffic has been a nice run for many people, but any traffic strategy that relies on anything other than repeat business and word of mouth referrals will always be on fragile ground.
    I agree with this also. SERPs aren't what they used to be and even micro-targeted pages need to have appropriate information and not be "thin" affiliate sites to survive.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2 View Post
    I depend on SEO more than some around here and I have to say that I am getting a little worried after looking at these changes for a week now...

More than a little worried I'm afraid....

While there is a lot to be said for targeting micro-niches and long tail keywords, the big keywords, are still worth going for.

I do not think targeting one exclusively is a robust business plan
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    While there is a lot to be said for targeting micro-niches and long tail keywords, the big keywords, are still worth going for.

I do not think targeting one exclusively is a robust business plan
    I have always believed in diversification. Diversification in what it is that I am selling (or using for monetization) and diversification on how I go about doing that selling. I have been fortunate to do well with some really big keywords on a couple of my sites and I do very, very well on long tail for many sites.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread