Best Buy & The Shopping Channel
    About 6 months ago, Best Buy and the Shopping Channel termianted my relationship due to inactivity (Clicks but no sales). I even emailed them asking for the wisdom of their decision. I didn't receive a response.

This evening I received pending offers from both these programs that I think are managed by CJ.

CJ managed programs seem to love to expire inactive relationships. I'm curious if anyone has had a similar experience and if anyone knows their reasoning for their change of heart.

Right hand. Meet left hand.

I can't count how many times I've had affiliate managers stop me at conferences and ask how they can get onto my site, when they've just recently terminated me for inactivity. I just want to say, "Duh..."
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Right hand. Meet left hand.

I can't count how many times I've had affiliate managers stop me at conferences and ask how they can get onto my site, when they've just recently terminated me for inactivity. I just want to say, "Duh..."
    MC,
    I respect your wisdom, so I'm asking what you've done in the past. I actually was bumbed when they terminated me. I wanted to remain in the Best Buy program. Now my pride is telling me not to accept their offer. do you think I'm being too stubborn?

I'm pretty easy-going and forgiving. I usually add them back and hope that they've learned from their mistake.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I'm pretty easy-going and forgiving. I usually add them back and hope that they've learned from their mistake.
    Yeah. I think that's a good approach. At least they had change in heart. So I should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread