Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Reply Immediately If Your Alive! (new spin on old spam)
    We received email this morning from Mr Peter Mark who said that he is your brother,he said we should stop contacting you as you had car accident and on sick bed. And as such your fund should be wired to him via his bank account in New York City. We need to get your approval for the release of the fund to your brother asap.You can reply also via email.....

    (you know the rest)


    I don't usually laugh at spam and phishing emails, but that just struck me as funny this morning.

  2. #2
    Beachy Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2005
    Posts
    8,266
    Geeze, Debbie - I hope you are OK and there is not much damage to your car. But if you are laid up with bruises or whatever I can certainly help you spend those funds. I will stop contacting you but for wiring instructions you can contact me via....

    The sad part is that these types of emails would not exist if there was not some profit level to be obtained. Consequently there must be enough people gullible enough or stupid enough to believe them. Unfortunately, we may be able to improve education but we cannot cure stupidity.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

  3. #3
    ABW Ambassador bettylou's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Consequently there must be enough people gullible enough or stupid enough to believe them. Unfortunately, we may be able to improve education but we cannot cure stupidity.
    I saw a show on TV that told the stories of people who had been taken by this type of email scam. There was an elderly couple who had lost all of their retirement savings. Neither of them were in good health and the gentleman took a job as a greeter at Walmart to make enough money to get them by.


    Anyway, sorry about that car accident, Deb, but we have warned you about using your laptop, talking on your cell phone, putting on your makeup and rescuing stray kittens while driving! Maybe you can think about that while you're on your sick bed.

  4. #4
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Quote Originally Posted by bettylou View Post
    Anyway, sorry about that car accident, Deb, but we have warned you about using your laptop, talking on your cell phone, putting on your makeup and rescuing stray kittens while driving! Maybe you can think about that while you're on your sick bed.
    It was that stray kitten that did me in.....

  5. #5
    Full Member Lindy Rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    318
    Dear sir/madam:

    Your stray kitty has been found living and well in Troy, NY. Although [insert appropriate cat name here] was found with a group of animals on way to shelter, we decide to take kitty and care for her/him until it be well enough to be returned to you. Since we care for many disregarded pets like this, we request your help with our fees. For wiring instructions...

    (come on Deb... bite? bite?)

  6. #6
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Rig View Post
    Dear sir/madam:

    Your stray kitty has been found living and well in Troy, NY. Although [insert appropriate cat name here] was found with a group of animals on way to shelter, we decide to take kitty and care for her/him until it be well enough to be returned to you. Since we care for many disregarded pets like this, we request your help with our fees. For wiring instructions...

    (come on Deb... bite? bite?)
    Thank you for finding my stray kitten. I hope you will be very happy with her in your home. I would not think of taking the joy of that kitten away from you.

  7. #7
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    (btw - the title of the thread was copied from the email - just so you don't think *I* don't know the difference between your and you're.... maybe they were in such a hurry that they typed it wrong in haste....)

  8. #8
    Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2007
    Posts
    364
    I read an article a long time ago about how these guys work and the person that wrote it had a nice conversation with one of the scammers. It was funny, even though the scammer knew he was being interviewed, he was still trying to scam.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

    [URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. spin around
    By Jorge - SHOPiMAR in forum Virtual Family and Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
  2. The Spin Is In!
    By Thomas A. Rice in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: January 21st, 2006, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •