Linkshare Signature Report and SKU
    Where does this "SKU" come from? It doesn't appaear to be in the merchants merchandiser data feed?

Is there any way to figure out what products (from the datafeed) my end users purchased?

The "individual items" report seems to kind of suck, truncated titles, this same "sku" problem....

Thanks!
    -Kevin

Individual Items
    Kevin: There is another category of Special or Advanced Reports that will probably give you that information. The Signature Orders are the most accurate and up to date information you have about completed sales. The Individual Items Report I believe will show you what you are looking for. GL

Thanks, Lanny, though as I mentioned, the "individual items" report contains a SKU that doesn't match with the merchants actual product id in the merchandiser data feeds.

Contact Merchandiser at LS or Ranae here
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinmcc View Post
    Thanks, Lanny, though as I mentioned, the "individual items" report contains a SKU that doesn't match with the merchants actual product id in the merchandiser data feeds.
    Hmmm. 2 different IDs for the same product. Cool. :-) I think Ranae wrote here recently that the email address is merchadiser@linkshare.com but not positive that is correct. Suggest you wait for her to read this and help you. Or, search for "merchandiser" here and maybe you will come up with their email address.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Kevin,

All the detail's of a transaction or product are given by the advertisers. We do not have/create a database of the advertisers products. The data feed is a database of the advertisers product list that they have given to LinkShare. Generally advertisers would give the same SKU numbers for everything that is reported to us so it should match the datafeed you get from LinkShare.

--Ranae

Thanks for the reply, Ranae, but here are a few rows from a recent Signature report I pulled. The bolded SKU columns are not found in the merchandiser data feeds. Are you sure this is a merchant specific problem?

Member ID Merchant ID Merchant Name Order ID Transaction Date Transaction Time SKU Number Sales($)
    <none> 3184 macys.com M769815078 4/30/2010 4:52 451002 49.5
    <none> 3184 macys.com M770027605 5/1/2010 2:38 443119 172.49
    <none> 3342 eastbay.com 1-32988857 5/1/2010 4:43 3402197 39.99
    <none> 3342 eastbay.com 1-32988857 5/1/2010 4:43 796306 7.99

The SKU numbers, in bold, aren't in either of those merchants data feeds.
    Any ideas?

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Kevin,

Since all of the information that is received by us is sent from the advertiser I cannot tell you exactly why those products in your Signature Report are not listed in the Merchandiser Data Feed.

However, here are a few possibilities where this might happen.

*The product may have been out of stock when the product data feed was generated.
    *The product may have been discontinued therefore removed from the feed.
    *The product may have been newly released on the Advertisers website but may not be part of the feed yet.

The Merchandiser Data feed is received by us only once a day and the number of products listed in the feed may change every day as well.

These reasons are not limited to the Advertisers you have listed, and may be applicable to any/all advertisers.

--Ranae

Matching the ls product data feed with the items sold.

FWIW, we have been doing that, and we found that the match has to be done as soon as the sales data is available.

performing the match even a week later reduced the success.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread