Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    http://www.content.overture.com/d/USm/ays/sm.jhtml

Should look at this. Pay to get and AND pay per click, just launched about an hour ago. Very Dumb Move Yahoo. Google is smiling right now.

URL Submission (non-refundable annual fee, per domain)
    First URL: $49
    Next 2-10 URLs: $29 each
    11th URL and beyond: $10 each
    Cost-Per-Click Fee
    Tier 1 Categories: 15 cents a click
    Adult
    Automotive
    Books
    Computers & Software
    Dating
    Education & Career
    Jewelry & Watches
    Music & Video
    Office
    Other
    Reference
    Sports & Outdoors
    Toys & Baby Equipment

Tier 2 Categories: 30 cents a click
    Apparel
    Electronics
    Financial Services
    Flowers, Gifts & Registry
    Health, Beauty & Personal Care
    Home & Garden
    Professional Services
    Real Estate
    Telecom & Web Services
    Travel

Affiliate Manager
    Ouch!
    Is this what was supposed to happen on the 15th (March or April.. not sure) ?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, and the results will appear in the regular results. I thought the government was looking into this, paid results having to be labeled as such. Looksmart all over again?

So now you can do Overture PPC and Site Match.
    Site Match paying to get and pay per click, with those results scattered throughout the normal results. Google is having a party right now.

I work in lounge pants

Search engine death match

ABW Ambassador
    I look at it as SE suicide, i think they just took themselves out.

I work in lounge pants

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

So, let me understand this. You are searched and ranked the same as a site that pays nothing. But, if your link is clicked on, you have to pay them, right? And, people will pay for this because....

Hum.... I think I like my free results just fine.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    If you're in free, you're in good shape. If you can't get in Yahoo free for some reason and want to be in the regular results, you now have to pay to get included and on top of that pay each time someone clicks your link. C'mon Teoma

Why wouldn't you be able to get in free? If your site isn't search engine attractive enough to get in on its own, I don't suppose it would do well in the searches even if you paid to get in.

Paying might get you in faster. But, heck, if you are whopping out sites regularly every month, they will roll in at a steady rate after they get going.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Damn Ad Whore run operations just keep thinking raising the price ...not quality of traffic.. justifies their existance. I say prove it you buggers by showing each potential advertiser the average conversion ratio for each keyword combo ...and then consider raising the entry fee. If I can see a keyword converts at an average 1/40 @0.20 (8.00) click basis and think I can build a page good enough to convert at 1/20 ($4.00) it might work for me as a merchant.

No way will this work for an affiliate pushing a parasite ridden merchant with no published network wide conversion ratio. The friggin BHO's don't buy keywords or listings. Yet they install keyword fee draining applications (Gator/WhenU/180Solutions) that whack the PPCSE advertisers budgets for trash hijacked traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Holy moly, that's just ignorant! Too expensive, they may end up with the world's easiest to read search engine results - it all fits on one page.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Okay, Haiko, time to reach into your bag of tricks and build a search engine for us, lol.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

wow, that's insane.. to expensive.. I think I'll keep my free listings.. Yahoo bad move!

Jason-<a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org">xtremeshopping.org ecommerce community<a>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

Forget it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Too expensive, they may end up with the world's easiest to read search engine results - it all fits on one page.~Elbowcreek <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! And it wouldn't be the first time, either. OverSURE still has lots of pages with hardly any, or even no, bidded listings left!

Next thing they'll be doing is paying for improvements to their free-listing spider just so they can repopulate the results pages.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

ABW Ambassador
    Well, as long as my free listings stay in, i'm happy. Good day for the professional SEO'ers, business will be booming. Not a job i would want tho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Good day for the professional SEO'ers, business will be booming. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey Trust, you mean users who can't get listed will hire pros to try and list them for free in Yahoo? Or that pros will be hired to run this paid for inclusion service?

Either way, YIKES Yahoo! Yikes...

Ian Lee

Internet Marketing Strategist
    ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us

ABW Ambassador
    Little bit of both. With paying for urls to get in and then having to pay 15 and 30 cents a click on top of that, i think a lot of businesses that can afford it will/already have hired people to manage their inclusion/PPC programs for them. That and the SEO'ers will be getting paid getting the URLS ready. Of course they'll try to get in free first and use this as an option.

Time will tell how this goes. Most of the index will still be free and you still can get new sites in free. Supposed to be free url submission starting this week, still waiting for Tim (yahooguy) to post details. Just curious to see if the paid urls get better rankings and how good Yahoo is at getting in new sites for free. I just remember the government looking into making sure paid listings are clearly marked and separated from natural search listings. With this there can be paid listings/ppc scattered throughout the regular listings. So not sure how this will all turn out, just gotta wait and see. As long as Yahoo users get the results they want is all that matters.

Here's the Marketleap report on it.
    http://www.marketleap.com/report/ml_report_50.htm

Trust: No one better hire me, I can't ever get one of my sites listed in Yahoo for the life of me hahaha. Oh well, google and MSn it is for that site. Same for Dmoz. Who do they have editing the submissions? Tough Tough crowd. Oh well, back to Google.

I agree with ya, it will definitely be interesting. HEY, get to sleep, u r almost as addicted as I am

Ian Lee

ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, i better get to bed. Don't you have a Noni Juice program launching soon? Looking forward to that one

I work in lounge pants

Trust: That was launched on Friday. I finalized the backend and setup the codes last week. I have been reassigned to another area in the company for now but feel free to contact me for any support for the program.

Good luck with the program.

Ian Lee

ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us

ABW Ambassador
    Oh damn, i just read the marketleap link i posted above. Looks like my paid inclusion days are over. This is the way i read it, of course it's late.

Those who paid for INK submissions will continue to have them in Yahoo until April 15 and MSN until your subscription runs out.

Now they are no longer accepting any more new INK pay for inclusion, you have to go the Overture SiteMatch route which i will never do, pay for inclusion and ppc, i don't think so. Probably a good thing, now i'm pulling for MSN to hurry up and get their search up and drop INK.

Thanks Ian, checking it out now.

Trust: get to sleep, u r making it look like I am the one with the obsessive compulsive behaviour having to answer all questions before I sleep. hahaha, just kidding.

Good luck with the SE's. I know you did paid INK b4 but maybe it's time to look at other means of finding traffic. Let me know if you need anything for our aff program. I still have some pull there

Ian Lee

ilee_NO_SPAM@eyi.us

ABW Ambassador
    Just one site i was paying for some urls, the other sites i have are all in free. So not that big of deal, i'm happy with the traffic i'll get from MSN for the rest of the year. So everything will be fine Thanks for the help, Lisa is great, quick to answer any questions i have. Will work on selling some of that Noni Juice whenever i wake up Thanks again.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    Not sure it's good for SEOs. It's OK if your clients can get an ROI on $0.30 for every click, no matter how untargeted, but I have a couple who will really struggle at this price.

I think Yahoo are making a big mistake. Also, I don't want my pages 'reviewed for quality' thanks very much. The perverse thing about this business model is that the better an SEO you are, the more you are going to cost your clients. Part of the reason SEOs like me are always in work is because it's cheaper than straight PPC.

Also, there now seems to be no value at all in using PFI when trusted feed or whatever the hell they're calling it (SiteMap XTra or something) is likely to work out cheaper and will get you better ranks. Unless they double the price per click for this, of course. Haven't seen any details on this part of the program yet, though.

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    http://www.marketleap.com/services/p...tchXchange.htm

Overture Site Match Xchange™ Trusted Feeds

Pricing
    http://www.marketleap.com/services/p...ge_pricing.htm

I work in lounge pants

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast