Affiliate Manager
    Formal dresses merchant here - should I join shareAsale?
    Hi,

my first time delving into using affiliate networks like shareAsale.

could you please help me decide if what I am selling would get the affiliates?

I would like your expert opinion before I start spending on $500 setup fees.

I sell: Formal Dresses for women - prom, bridesmaid, evening dresses, clubbing wear etc...
    I am NOT trying to drop a free link in here, please copy and paste: JessicasFashion.com

Desired Affiliate structure:
    * $0.25-$0.35 per lead (Lead would be defined as a referred client that adds an item to the cart)

OR

* 8%-10% of sale: I don't prefer this because in our industry there are 20%-25% returns OR cancellation of the order due to one thing or another.
    do I get my money back from affiliate if a sale in canceled???

I am not sure how all this works.

if you have a better idea on how this should be structured.....I would appreciate your guidance!

thank you!
    Jacob

Affiliate Manager
    a few more questions...
    I read a few more posts and had the following questions as well:

what do you recommend I join first as merchant for formal dresses?
    ShareASale OR Google Affiliate Network OR LinkShare???

I also have a costume jewelry site that I would try this on next....lets see how this goes.

again, your expert help is highly appreciated!!!

Jacob

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicasfashion View Post
    do I get my money back from affiliate if a sale in
    If a sale is cancelled, then the affiliate commission would be reversed. If it is a legitimate reversal, then most affiliates will not see that as a problem, unless it is higher than usual for the vertical that you are in.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicasfashion View Post
    what do you recommend I join first as merchant for formal dresses?
    ShareASale OR Google Affiliate Network OR LinkShare???
    Shareasale is probably going to be the network that most affiliates would tell you to go with, especially on this forum.

The reasons are numerous and can be found by searching this forum. Take a look around and you will find that Linkshare is not well liked by a lot of affiliates. GAN is despised by many. Shareasale is well respected and a great choice for smaller merchants.

The reasons are numerous and can be found by searching this forum. Take a look around and you will find that Linkshare is not well liked by a lot of affiliates. GAN is despised by many. Shareasale is well respected and a great choice for smaller merchants.
    +1

You might want to consult with an OPM before jumping into something you are not familiar with. There is an area of ABW where these Outsourced Program Managers can be contacted. Read around the forum before jumping in to start up before you have a handle on how things work. Another helpful part of the forum is the Merchants Best Practices area. Look through the full list here:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/index.php

join BBB Online program, get OPM, chargebacks OK
    Jacob: I'm an Affiliate. I looked at your web site. I would suggest that if possible, you join the BBB Online program in L.A. As an Affiliate, I prefer to promote companies that are affiliates of BBB Online. As others have suggested, I suggest you get an OPM. Possibly redo your web site. As an Affiliate, I have had very few charge backs from LinkShare Merchants. Don't like them, but if the Merchant gives up the sale, that's part of it for me too. I don't expect them to let me keep the commission money, if they return the customers money. GL!

Affiliate Manager
    Same experience
    Hi:
    I have the same problem that jessicasfashion had.
    This is my site: popbuying.com
    selling electronics and other gadgets.
    I am contacting with Jessica from shareasale.com
    to confirm sommthing inside SAS.

I want to be a merchant in the near future(maybe this week).
    But still have someting hesitated.
    Does this work properly?
    How can I use this platform more effective?

Thanks

Mike

@Mike255 - no contact data on your web site, shipping reliability?
    SAS is very popular on this forum. I looked at your web site. There is *no* contact information, other than email addresses. No physical address, phone or FAX numbers. I believe many people would *not* buy from your company, because that information is missing. Also, you are in Hong Kong. That could be a problem, for shipping reliability. I personally had a problem with something I ordered from Mainland China (not from HK) not arriving. GL!

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Not withstanding what others said before me about your site....

I sell prom and special occasion dresses and I can tell you 1) the lead thing is not going to work. I am not going to risk 10% of a $300 sale for a $0.35 lead and its only a lead if they put it into a cart.

2) I have been selling prom dresses for 3 years now and I know the return rates from it. I understand why it happens. I can tell you that if for every 5 dresses I sell I get one return that isn't a problem, of course if its the other way around, that is a problem.

3) For me to sell your dresses I need an up to date datafeed. I sell dresses, I have over 25,000 of them from 50+ merchants (some sell only special occasion dresses some sell expensive designer dresses, I let my customers choose what they want) But for me to sell the dresses I sort them by several categories and thus I need to show the dresses to my visitors, if there isn't a datafeed I can't sell the dresses.

4) As you know prom season is over and that was the big dress buying time.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks for replying me
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
    SAS is very popular on this forum. I looked at your web site. There is *no* contact information, other than email addresses. No physical address, phone or FAX numbers. I believe many people would *not* buy from your company, because that information is missing. Also, you are in Hong Kong. That could be a problem, for shipping reliability. I personally had a problem with something I ordered from Mainland China (not from HK) not arriving. GL!
    Thanks Lanny:
    Actually, my site is in the process of correcting. so, you can imagine maybe there are still someting needed to improve.
    Refer to shipping matters, I offer the worldwide freeshipping through HongKong Post. It takes some time but it's worth the reliability. Also
    our Customer Support are standby at any time.
    But, anyway, Thanks again, Lanny.

P.S I have made my mind to accept SAS.

Note to Bill, Loxly, Michael... whomever gets to Mildred first: Such a shame to see him/her go... he/she has such a creative sense of fashion.

~lindy

..... already gone.

I got Mildred. The spammers don't ever learn not to spam or you get banned.

I read every post that is made at ABW.

As others have mentioned, contact an OPM. They will be able to review your website and provide recommendations so you can maximize conversions. They will also help you set-up the affiliate program, choose a network and manage the whole process.

The only network that I would avoid is Google Affilaite Network.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby View Post
    As others have mentioned, contact an OPM. They will be able to review your website and provide recommendations so you can maximize conversions. They will also help you set-up the affiliate program, choose a network and manage the whole process.

The only network that I would avoid is Google Affilaite Network.
    Hi:
    How to find a OPM ?
    Would you please tell me specificly ?
    Thanks

Hi,
    You can find a list of OPM's at the link below:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

Click on the the OPM and you will find posts created by one of their managers. You can click their linked name and it will take you to their profile where they list contact information.

I've personally worked with Chuck Hamrick at Affiliate Crew as an affiliate and I've been really impresssed. I would assume he would provide the same dedication and professionalism to you as a merchant.

I've also worked with Erica at Suluta.

There are many quality OPM's listed at the link that I provided (An ABW listing).

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks
    Hi,
    You can find a list of OPM's at the link below:
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

Click on the the OPM and you will find posts created by one of their managers. You can click their linked name and it will take you to their profile where they list contact information.

I've personally worked with Chuck Hamrick at Affiliate Crew as an affiliate and I've been really impresssed. I would assume he would provide the same dedication and professionalism to you as a merchant.

I've also worked with Erica at Suluta.

There are many quality OPM's listed at the link that I provided (An ABW listing).
    Thanks Bibby.
    I am contacting with some of them.
    And may i ask which OPMs is much better(Best service, cost not too much, more effective) ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike255 View Post
    Thanks Bibby.
    I am contacting with some of them.
    And may i ask which OPMs is much better(Best service, cost not too much, more effective) ?

Thanks
    I'm an affiliate so I'm not sure about the costs.

I'm sure OPM's can provide you with a list of the programs they manage and details of their programs effectiveness (EPC, and monthly, quarterly & yearly sales totals, etc).

Affiliate Manager
    I'm an affiliate so I'm not sure about the costs.

I'm sure OPM's can provide you with a list of the programs they manage and details of their programs effectiveness (EPC, and monthly, quarterly & yearly sales totals, etc).
    Bibby:
    would you please talk something personally ?
    How to achieve it ?

Thanks

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread