newbie looking for help
    Hi everyone. Thanks for this forum and I'm looking forward to spending time here learning and sharing. I am about to start my own affiliate program and am trying to learn how it works.

I have a product that I will sell from my website. This much I know how to do. But I don't know 1. how I create an affiliate program and, 2. what the options are.

Do some affiliate programs work so that the affiliate sells my product directly on their site? Do some programs work that a user clicks a link to my site from their site, and i give them a commission of the sale? If so, then how do I track that, and send them the money? Is there some kind of software for this?

Does anybody have any tips for me?

ABW Ambassador
    idevdirect.com
    or
    AffiliateWiz.com
    or a network that will write the checks for you
    shareasale.com

You build a website for your product. Set up your affiliate program and join a network like clickbank [if your product is a digital one] When affiliates want to promote your product you give them a unique link that they put on their site. This link is unique to the individual affiliate

When a visitor goes to the affiliates site and clicks on that link, it will take them to your website

If the visitor buys then you pay them a commission.

All the tracking is done automatically by the affiliate program you use to set up your affiliate program [Hmmm sounds repetitive]
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Before you branch out into an affiliate program, have you tried selling the product yourself on your own website? Doing so might give you a ton of insight of the market, price, offer, etc... before you expand your operations.
    [URL=http://www.investeverymonth.com]InvestEveryMonth.com[/URL] - Build Wealth

Thanks everyone for your help. Sorry I'm so long responding, I'm traveling in Asia and have been in the country side, out of internet access.

This is exactly the info I was seeking. I do plan to sell my product on my site initially for some time, getting to know how the business works etc. But I wanted to research the affiliate question because it may make a difference in terms of what i build the website with.

OK thanks again, and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by OICUAM2 View Post
    Before you branch out into an affiliate program, have you tried selling the product yourself on your own website? Doing so might give you a ton of insight of the market, price, offer, etc... before you expand your operations.
    It will definitely help to test out your sales copy and get your conversions at peak performance before getting involved with affiliates. People like to sell stuff they see they can make money with.

Travis

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread