About Macy's exclusions
    Here is what I found on Macy's terms:

"Although we do offer commissions on the following brands when purchased through macys.com, due to contractual agreements, we are not permitted to promote them on affiliate sites: Coach, CHANEL, Estee Lauder, MAC Cosmetics, Origins, Prescriptives, Clinique, Lancome, Tag Heuer, 7 for all mankind, The Northface, Mimi Maternity, Crocs, Lacoste"

I looks I can still get commissions if sales happen on those brands. But my question is if I can post an affiliate link (createy by "deep link" in linkshare) to those brand pages and get the comission.

Quote Originally Posted by talentcn View Post
    Here is what I found on Macy's terms:

"Although we do offer commissions on the following brands when purchased through macys.com, due to contractual agreements, we are not permitted to promote them on affiliate sites: Coach, CHANEL, Estee Lauder, MAC Cosmetics, Origins, Prescriptives, Clinique, Lancome, Tag Heuer, 7 for all mankind, The Northface, Mimi Maternity, Crocs, Lacoste"
    Quote Originally Posted by talentcn View Post
    I looks I can still get commissions if sales happen on those brands. But my question is if I can post an affiliate link (createy by "deep link" in linkshare) to those brand pages and get the comission.
    You are prohibited from promoting the brands listed. A deep link to any of these brand's pages is promoting them. You would likely be removed from Macy's program. If you have questions you should probably contact the AM, but it seems pretty cut and dry to me.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Seek out other providers. For many of those brands, there are vendors who carry a full product line at higher commission rate than Macy's. You should have no problem finding several vendors to choose from for Clinique, Tag, Crocs, and Seven. And Origins has their own affiliate program on CJ, if my memory serves me.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

What if a user makes a purchase of those brands via a legit Macy's link? Do I violate the rule?

What other providers carry those brands?

So many that they won't be very hard to find if you just spend a few minutes trying to find them. Just punch the brand names into a product search on CJ or Linkshare.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread