We used the old CJ Datafeed and are now working on the Implementation of the NEW CJ Datafeed.

Can it be, that the CJ Merchant ID is missing in the Files? We had the Merchant ID in the old Files.

How the heck can we separate Merchants?

By Merchant Name, a Field every Merchant can change at any time to whatever he wants to? A Field that would be stupid to use as unique identifier.

Did CJ just forget the Merchant ID in the DF or was the only Guy with Database Development Knowledge at CJ quitting his Job?

Where is the Parent Category for the Product?
    Or better a field like "THIRDPARTYCATEGORY" for the publisher, to populate his category structure.

There is a field "AdvertiserCategory", but that's it. Building a Category Structure based on that is impossible.

There are fields "THIRTPARTYID" and "THIRDPARTYCATEGORY" to allow advertisers to assign products to publishers categories.
    Meaning, that the advertiser must spend time to match-up his products to certain publisher categories.

Thats BS. Publishes do not have a change to build a usable category structure with this datafeed.

The old datafeed had already the problem that merchants assign their products to dummy categories like "miscellaneous" and "Assorted".

The new DF makes it worse. I throught that the new Df makes it easier to allow the merchant to send his catalog structure without matching the CJ one and leaves it to the publishers to make the matchup.

Hmpf.. the new and better CJ DF is like a new better Tax Law. Less Taxes to pay for 1% and an increase for 99% of the population.

Once positive thing though is the automatic update of the DF and the possibility to download it via FTP.
    I want to be fair.

Carsten Partner

If you can't move things, try harder!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've been using PROGRAMNAME even though they can change it. Most of my merchants don't go changing their names that often (although it does happen occasionally)...

Although now that you mention it, Number would be a better way because it would totally eliminate the question of name changes.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! ~From a "Golden Era" Christmas Song

I don't have a problem with them changing names because it's easy to make a script adjust with the changes. I do have a problem with the structure of the advertisercategory field with all of it's variences. It has spaces, forward slashes and pipes making it a freaking nightmare.

Let Fear Be Far from All

Take off eh?
    Don't forget that some merchants use numeric, text or combo strings for the categories.
    I love category fields called 152FD3, OORZ or 845.

Game on!!!!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread