the best dataeeds script

i have a big question for everybody what is the best script of datafeeds????

thank you

I am also investigating this question thoroughly. I think that the best ones are datafeedr and popshops. each one has its strengths but neither give me everything I want . I wish it were possible to somehow combine them!
    Popshops has a much better selection of merchants, and datafeedr has much better support. Their support is AWESOME!

We see many of our checks affiliates successfully using both GoldenCAN and PopShops. We also just brought David Cusimano's script, DySE::GirlyChecks, on board and are looking for good things from that. We also plan to integrate all three services with our new hotels program.

The alternative is to become proficient with PHP/MySQL programming and "roll your own."

Over the years, as an affiliate, I have used GoldenCAN and PopShops and even rolled my own version(s) of datafeed integration. I am just now exploring the possibilities of the Scripts.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

jacked by sylon
    I use Price Tapestry for all of my datafeeds:

Example of a feed built with it:

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

North Carolina

What's the best way to track sales from datafeeds, meaning like popshops or datafeedr? So let's say I have a site where I promote normal links through a blog (text and banner) & then I put up a page where I list products through a datafeed. How would I know the sale came from a product datafeed? Like with CJ for example, I'll know which site made the sale but is there tracking that tells me it was from the feed?

In the PopShops interface, you can define an "ID" parameter for those networks which support it. It's cumbersome:
    1. edit your shop;
    2. then select the "Customize" tab;
    3. then click the "preferences" (gear) link in the upper right zone;
    4. then click the "tracking with sub-accounts" tab (rightmost);
    5. then enter a value into the "ID" field;
    6. be sure to click "save."

Then, when a sale occurs, that value will appear in your report from the affiliate network. I know this works with ShareASale (I've seen sales reflect some the values I inserted); I would expect it to work with Commission Junction but I haven't confirmed it.

As an example, I lazily just used "popshops" as the ID for several of my shops. Below is an image (click the thumbnail for a larger version) clipped from the SAS "Activity Details" report (with merchant info omitted). You can see that there are two helpful pieces of information: first, the "Affiliate Defined Sub-Tracking" and also the "Page Banner was Clicked From."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by markwelch; July 16th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread