Newbie Question: Multiple sites or mixed topics
    Hi all, great site here! My question is, what is better: Having a single site with categories to separate topics, or separate sites focusing on one topic only.

The debate comes because I know that google loves fresh content, by keeping all of my content on all of my topics on one site, I am feeding the google monster fresh content regularly.

BUT, I also know that google likes sites that are focused on a single topic. The problem there is that I don't necessarily have a new item to post even weekly about every topic I cover so single topic sites might be pretty sparse for a while... What to do?

Mansfield, TX
    I would think that the individual sites would be better, unless the topics are close enough and your coverage is complete enough that you would be an authority on the wider area. The way I look at it is that your site visitors are much more likely to tell others about, link to, post about and return to than they are
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    I agree... individual sites work better, having a focused site will make your optimization easier and google will always love you as long as people talk about you.

Good Luck!

Madison, WI
    Individual sites. It will give you a better idea of what works and what doesn't.

Once you know which site or two works the best, you can focus your content creation and traffic gathering efforts on those sites.
    [URL=][/URL] - Build Wealth

Thanks for the input, all. I was leaning toward separate sites, but the look of a nicely populated site had me torn.

I think I will go with separate sites after all.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread