Smile Can Twitter overtakes article marketing
    Hi Seniors,

I am new to affiliate marketing. Just will like to have a feel if twitter is able to overtakes article marketing as a tool for affiliate marketing? It seems that twitter is able to have instant access to huge group of users once you had built up your followers? What you do reckon?

Thanks.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Apples and oranges.

There is more than enough room for both.

Also different skill sets - some people are much better at one than the other, and vice versa.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vincentblogger View Post
    Hi Seniors,

I am new to affiliate marketing. Just will like to have a feel if twitter is able to overtakes article marketing as a tool for affiliate marketing? It seems that twitter is able to have instant access to huge group of users once you had built up your followers? What you do reckon?

Thanks.
    Personally I don't think that twitter can ever take over article marketing. I don't think that twitter could ever provide the quality of information that can be found through article marketing. Yes twitter does offer the opportunity to reach a wide audience but not all that audience are watching the show if you get my drift.

Article marketing relies on traffic generated by Google and the other search engines. There are billions of searches done on a regular basis, by millions of people the world over. Twitter only has a few million registered users, a small fraction of which actually use the service, an even smaller fraction of which will follow you, and an even smaller fraction of which will actually pay attention to you. It's a fallacy that just because someone is following you, that they're reading your tweets. It's a numbers game: Twitter will never compete with Google for volume potential.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

http and a telephoto
    Use them together, not separately.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I would also like to add that twitter is too time dependent to ever replace article marketing... not to mention that the beauty of article marketing is the ability to target keywords that will bring lasting results, getting referenced time and time again after being published. I don't think "microblogging" is actually a fair term at all for twitter. It's seems more effective to me as a microfeed + ...
    Affiliate Manager
    [URL="http://pagelines.com"]PageLines.com[/URL]
    Premium CMS WordPress Themes

Really couldn't disagree more with the time assessment. If you are a responsible time manager, Twitter use would never take up more time than article marketing - especially if you're writing your own articles. The general impression that a lot of people have of Twitter users is pretty misguided - we're not all spending hours a day watching the streams update in real time and talking about our cats and what we had for breakfast. I'm not saying you think that, mind you, but it is a very common misconception. Twitter, when used properly as a channel, not an obsession, works really well.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Completely agree with you, and you're right... that's not what I was getting at all. I'm talking more about the lasting power/permanence of a tweet vs an article
    Affiliate Manager
    [URL="http://pagelines.com"]PageLines.com[/URL]
    Premium CMS WordPress Themes

Ohhhh I gotcha. Absolutely, you're spot on about that. Articles have way more lasting power than Twitter updates.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread