Sorry for off topic, but I remember ordering an $800 desk from Viking from an affiliate here and I forgot who that was. Did you get credited for the sale?

It was Connie that you placed the order with at Flamingo World.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...871#7136040871

Nice desk?

Well, thats what sucks. Actually, a couple of things suck here!

1. I placed the order, which STILL says processing...

2. They called me about their credit limits (saying it was only $300) and Id have to pay the rest on a CC (which I dont have a CC)

3. Then I kept getting emails saying my complete order was going to be shipped. And it was either going to go out or be delivered on the 18th (I dont have that straight)

4. The order still says it is in process, although Ive never paid the difference.

5. Meanwhile, I find an almost exact same set up (5 or 6 piece desk) almost just like this one, at officemax for only $199.00! Can you believe that!! I havent bought it because I still dont know if these people are going to deliver my order, or if they cancelled it or if they are going to ship part of it or???

I figured if that person was credited, then that meant my desk was on the way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I know that VikingOP is a good reputable company, but I dont think they are very e-friendly. The order process was strange, long and mysterious!

Ya know, come to think of it, since this IS a cj merchant wouldnt my order show up in her commissions already EVEN if only to be extended or reversed later or whatever?

I think someone should check into this.

Actually, they are a Linkshare merchant, and the order hasn't showed up in any way.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

quote:
    Originally posted by papasan:
    1. I placed the order, which STILL says processing...

2. They called me about their credit limits (saying it was only $300) and Id have to pay the rest on a CC (which I don't have a CC)

3. Then I kept getting emails saying my complete order was going to be shipped. And it was either going to go out or be delivered on the 18th (I don't have that straight)

4. The order still says it is in process, although Ive never paid the difference.

5. Meanwhile, I find an almost exact same set up (5 or 6 piece desk) almost just like this one, at officemax for only $199.00! Can you believe that!! I haven't bought it because I still don't know if these people are going to deliver my order, or if they canceled it or if they are going to ship part of it or???

I figured if that person was credited, then that meant my desk was on the way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I know that VikingOP is a good reputable company, but I don't think they are very e-friendly. The order process was strange, long and mysterious!

Hold the phone!

It's a $800 desk ... you tried to open a Credit account forthe overage but you don't have a CC and... you find the same desk at OfficeMax for $200? and you still want the $800 order to be credited? Viking is not e-friendly? Hmmmm ... I postulate that Viking booted your account and that you bought through OfficeMax (to save $600 - who wouldn't?) what's the problem here? Is there one? or is it Helford (CEO of Viking) who deserserves the bad PR? Hmmmmm

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

read:Meanwhile, I find an almost exact same set up (5 or 6 piece desk) almost just like this one, at officemax for only $199.00!!!

i cautioned myself, knowing that there were not complete descriptions on either and assuming the more expensive one would be a better quality, which i need!

here you take a look! (again, not exact, but real similar, or close enough for the price diff!)

here is the one from viking OP (you add all the required pieces and its around $800.00)

http://www.vikingop.com/pictures/US/...2046_FM_XL.JPG

here is the one at officemax (now $259 complete)
    http://images.officemax.com/images/k...e/20992126.GIF

errr well, ok, now that i look at them side by side, they arent realy THAT close! haha! ooops!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    papasan,

Did you make any arrangements with Vikings for the amount over the credit limit they allowed? If not, I doubt your order has shipped yet. Your order is probably still in "processing" because they are waiting for that. Have you called them to check and see what is going on and where things stand? I doubt that they will ship until payment for the full amount of purchase has been arranged. Shoot if it hasn't shipped yet and you really don't need the hutch part of the desk, then I'd cancel the Viking order and get the Office Max one.

I also doubt that anything will show on Connie's account at this point.

I don't have any experience with Vikings affiliate program, but I do with Viking themselves. I have used them numerous times for ordering office supplies for the business both online and offline. I have always received very good service from them. Good prices, arrival of products within 2 to 3 days of placing an order, automatic pricing on sale items, etc. Their phone customer service has always been very professional and helpful for me.

The other place I've used that has really good pricing (many times better than Viking) is Quill. Don't know if they have an aff program, but they do have a website.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

yup, since they promised delivery by christmas, and i see that the order isnt cancelled and no one has ever alled me back about it and it says it is processing, i figured there is still a chance of it.

if it isnt here by christmas i will defeinitely go to office max.

truth is, i was hoping for the credit, especially this time of year [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread