What to Do in Disney???
    Hi everyone! I'm taking my 2 and a half year old daughter to Orlando this summer in July. (A hot, busy time, I know, but summer is the only time teachers can really go anywhere). We have the place to stay (timeshare) and the flights, so now I'm wondering...
    • What are the best things to do in Orlando with a 2.5 year old?
    • Where can I find the best deals on attractions and such?

Anyone have any tips???
    Thanks!
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oh Nikki will love Disney! Anything you do will be fun for her. It's kid's paradise. Wear comfortable shoes (Nikki too) and plan on the entire day there. Have small snacks and drinks on hand for long line waits. Maybe a book and other mini amusements for line waits, too.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I don't think your 2 and ahalf year old will enjoy disney as much as you will.

The best things to do with a 2.5 year old in Orlando. Ummmm not really sure.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Best thing for a young kid in Disneyworld: Character breakfasts.*

______
    *assuming they still have them - I was there in 1989.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Does she like Disney princesses? There are tons of things at Disney for little girls.

You can meet the princesses and get your pictures with them many different places around the parks.

Magic Kingdom (especially Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown) is probably the park most suited for her age, but all four parks have stuff for every age. Look up the minimum heights for the rides at each park.

There are several dining options with princesses, including Cinderella's Royal Table (might be hard to book with less than 180 days advance planning), 1900 Park Fare (dinner buffet with Cinderella, etc.), and Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at Epcot. (Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends might be another good choice.) If she has any favorite Disney characters, look up where you can find them.

Some of the in-park shows are also good. First, they're inside, so you get to escape the heat for a while. Second, most are entertaining for any age.

The two Disney water parks are great during the hot summer. There are several things for her age, although most is for older kids.

The Bippity Boppity Boutique is always a fun choice for girls. Bring your own princess dress (eBay or the Disney Store) and you'll save a ton. It's $50-$55 for hair, makeup and nails, but $190-$250 if you add in a dress.

If you already have airline tickets and a hotel, basically all you need is park tickets (and transportation and food). You can find some minor discounts on tickets (perhaps 5%), but that's about it. Anything from 4-10 days is just about the same price (around $200 for kids or $250 for adults), so the longer you can stay the more economical it is (per day). Adding water parks or park hopping is about an extra $50/person, so you can save that much if you skip those options.

I would skip Universal (if you were even considering it) at her age. It's mainly aimed at teens and older. Sea World would be good. But Disney is more than enough.

I have several Disney photo albums on Facebook from our various trips that you might like looking through.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by MichaelColey; May 15th, 2010 at 11:23 PM.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks everyone!

Every summer we go somewhere in Florida to relax in the sun and golf (usually east coast beaches) with our timeshare and we waited too long to book this year so all that was left was Orlando. We figured Nikki may be a bit young, but I know we'll have a blast!

Michael, I was waiting for you to chime in! I've noticed on Facebook that you go to Disney often. Thanks for the tips on what would be good for Nikki. I was thinking about a character breakfast. She's not really into the specific princesses (yet) but she does love to play dress up like a princess. I've heard about the Bibbity Boppity Boutique before through Dad (@Bill). I think he mentioned Geno took his daughter there. I kinda got the impression that Dad wants to take her there one day when she's a bit older like Geno took his daughter (we're hoping ASE will be in Florida again sometime...). So, we're going to hold off on the Boutique for now.

Thanks again everyone!
    Jill Swartwout, President
    Beaches and Towns Network, Inc

I just realized that I never heard how this trip went. Did you guys make it to Disney? How did Nikki enjoy it? What were her favorite things?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread