http and a telephoto
    I got a link request this morning that came from the TOP SITES SUBMISSION form on one of my sites!!!! The request for a link was in the DESCRIPTION field!!!!!!!! It was typed as a message....

"I''m the web marketer for xxxxxxxxxxxx. We visited your site and love what you have to offer. I would like you to add our link in your website.

Description: Complete selection of Discount Luggage, Tote Bags and comfortable Air chair can be found at Treasures West!
    Thank you!"

<<shaking my head>>

Plus they had to create an account on the site to get to the link submission page, sometimes I don't understand what people see when they read sites!!!!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Amazing.

I got one today from someone who will tell me all of their secrets for getting a PR7 and high SE rank in exchange for a link to them on my site. I visited their site and they are PR5. Hmmm...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

haha - i got that one too and wondered how they managed to have their 'established' links pages have a pr of zero

ABW Ambassador
    In regards to the site saying they were a 7 then you visiting and them being a 5, all I can say is that today, I submitted my site to a PR 8 page. He responded that he added my link. Then later, when my husband went to check, he said to me "are you sure they're a 8" I said, "yeah why". He's said "because they're showing up as an 9". So obviously, PR's are still being in the process of updating.

And, what a coup that I got a 9 to link to my 6!

Never thought I'd get that lucky.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > We visited your site and love what you have to offer. I

I like that one too.

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrami - pricester:
    &gt; We visited your site and love what you have to offer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I absolutely love when they send a email to my LINKS DIRECTORIES asking for a link. There is an ADD YOUR LINK button on every page. So I know they didn't really visit the site. I get several of those a day, sometimes I reply and tell them "if you were REALLY at the site you would have seen bla bla bla"

This one is special because this came through a specific form, that they had to read to submit the darn form, and they had to create an account to be able to submit the form. They had to read something somewhere. I don't know where the brain got disconnected there.... LOL
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I'm amazed at the link requests I receive. Especially when I'm informed that the two sites are a "good fit, and would complement each other."

Often, that is a good indicator that they did not visit my site, and don't really care if the sites are a good fit or not. Sometimes the sites are in different orbits completely!

And I really love it when some dip with an awful little site links to me, informing me that my link will be removed after XX days if I don't give them a return link. Guaranteed to not work on me. Save your time, just skip the link AND the request.

People are so funny...even when they aren't trying to be...

Andy

Ok, let me ask and only be a fool for five minutes, LOL!
    What is this PR ranking? I guess I am not as savvy and up to date on stuff as I should be...

Google uses PR (page rank) in their search algorythyms.

It's a number (1-10) that represents their interpretation of how important a site is based on links pointing to it. A link from a site is like that site vouched for your site. Higher PR sites are considered more important, so there opinion matters more.

Hope that helps, even if way oversimplified.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

I once got an email from a site owner (of a site he'd had designed for him) that I'd linked to as a business resource, threaten to get a lawyer to sue me if I didn't remove his link from my site (he was PR0, I was PR5 at the time).

I was tempted to leave it for entertainment value, but removed it immediately as I didn't want to help anyone so stupid and offensive. Since then I've had 3 seperate emails from people working for the company asking for a link to them, they've even had my link up for over a year now on their site LOL

I get tons of requests like that! Some go on and on about how important page rank is, and how I would benefit from linking to them. Nothing but a waste of web space most of the time.

I like the people who send link requests marked "2nd Request" when I know damn well it's the first request.

Misterbill, You can down load the
    Google Toolbar
    and it will show you the PR of the sites you visit.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

LOL CDC, Sometimes I get up to 5 "final link exchange requests" from the same person

CDC, thanks for the link to the google toolbar...one of my sites is a 3/10, the other is 2/10 (it is not even listed in the SE's yet)...guess this is not too bad huh? I am assuming the higher the better...

We get, "love your site and can you send me insertnameof.mov because I can't find it anywhere on the web."
    www.joeytomatoes.com :: Day Care For Your Brain

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread