OFFICIAL: ShareASale Texas Roadshow Ft. Worth Location!

Please RSVP and I am so pumped to meet everyone!!!
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

I asked Jason not to publicize my address, but I'll let you all know... This will be a BBQ lunch at my house, about 15 miles southeast of downtown Fort Worth. Looking forward to meeting lots of merchants and other affiliates and showing everyone some Texas hospitality!

And don't let the 2pm end time fool you. If people are still hanging around after that, I might have to pull out the Texas Hold'em chips.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Look forward to meeting you on Thursday!

Hope everyone comes hungry! Here's what I've been doing today:

That's three slabs of ribs and a couple pork shoulders (for pulled pork). Should be ready to pull out of the smoker right in time for the Roadshow tomorrow!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thumbs up
    Thanks for hosting this Michael. The BBQ was great and I don't even normally eat BBQ. It was great to meet you and everyone else there.
    Last edited by joshg01; July 22nd, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Wow Josh. Glad you made it out there.

If I had known you were going, I would have had something special for you to give Jason...
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McWilliams View Post
    Wow Josh. Glad you made it out there.

If I had known you were going, I would have had something special for you to give Jason...
    Glad I was able to make it out there! Now I'm curious what kind of "something special" you were going to send Jason.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg01 View Post
    Glad I was able to make it out there! Now I'm curious what kind of "something special" you were going to send Jason.
    I guess we will never know now will we
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

http and a telephoto
    Michael, next time you need to show a photo like that with enough time for us to get on a plane!

Yum....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Fellow Texan Needs Help.
    Hello Michael,

I am a Fort Worth girl (girl in the gender term, as I left 'girl' in the dust long ago). My name is Marilyn. I was surprised when I accidently found this web site and then realized that I had originally been invited to the ShareASale meeting at your home. Very strange.

I can not begin to express how sorry I was to miss the ShareASale BBQ-meet and the chance to taste your delicious BBQ. I had sooo been looking forward to the meeting since May, and so wanted to meet some other affiliates. I still do not have a lot of experience at the affiliate business and while I am learning, it's hard to find as much time as I would like to work at it and still keep up with my eBay work. I have been a eBay seller for going on ten years and eBay recently held a large meeting in Dallas, where I had a chance to meet with so many amazing people who shared my same experiences. eBay had some top eBay sellers as featured speakers, and eBay let them open up with honest opinions; it was like my own thoughts came pour out of their mouths. It was a refreshing, renewing experience.

You seem so experienced and passionate about the affiliate business, perhaps you could help me. I learned the day before the ShareASale meeting that it appeared that I had been terminated as a ShareASale affiliate.

Log-In Message: Your account has been suspended either for violation of the Terms of Service, or due to your removal of all contact information in your account - and will not return.

I e-mailed Jason R. that I assumed that I would not be welcome at the meeting the next day, since I was terminated, but I did not get any reply. I e-mailed Jason R. again on the day of the meeting and he said he would look into it when he got back to Chicago. I have also e-mailed ShareASale directly, no answer. I assume this is a brush-off. Is this how it works? It reminds me of "Three Days Of The Condor": Joubert:"You have not much future there. It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift." You just don't see the end coming.

I know that I am not very experienced at the affiliate business and I have sometimes done things the wrong way, but after all of the hours I spend placing merchant ads, I would have hoped to have a chance to right any wrongs that I may have committed. I have looked through my e-mails and I can not find a warning or termination notice, I am at such a lose. I have plenty of other affiliate programs, but I do not want to be doing things wrong. It's funny, I have tried so hard to do everything just right, and here I am doing things wrong and learning the hard way, but this time I don't know what I did wrong. Could you help me? I am going crazy trying to figure this one out. I'm very depressed, I do not take rejection well, that's why I work at home. I was hoping that you could tell me what someone could do that was so bad that they would get a log-in rejection message like the one I received. I can give you my web site, it is eciginfosite.com. I am in the process of removing the ShareASale ads, but I was up until 3:00 am and only got one merchant's ads done; they are with another affiliate service I am registered with, so I just swapped out the ads, but this is going to take some time.

I know that you are very busy and have your own life, I was just hoping you might have some insight. Again, I sure missed meeting you and the others, I hope you gained some new friends and shared some good times and great food. Thank you for your time. Marilyn

Big THANK YOU again Michael for hosting the Ft. Worth Meetup!!!

The food was fantastic and the company was even better!

@jasonrubacky

Quote Originally Posted by WinnerGirl View Post
    I know that you are very busy and have your own life, I was just hoping you might have some insight.
    Not a clue. You would have to talk with ShareASale about that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by WinnerGirl View Post
    I e-mailed Jason R. that I assumed that I would not be welcome at the meeting the next day, since I was terminated, but I did not get any reply. I e-mailed Jason R. again on the day of the meeting and he said he would look into it when he got back to Chicago. I have also e-mailed ShareASale directly, no answer. I assume this is a brush-off. Is this how it works? It reminds me of "Three Days Of The Condor": Joubert:"You have not much future there. It will happen this way. You may be walking. Maybe the first sunny day of the spring. And a car will slow beside you, and a door will open, and someone you know, maybe even trust, will get out of the car. And he will smile, a becoming smile. But he will leave open the door of the car and offer to give you a lift." You just don't see the end coming.
    Marilyn,

As I stated in my email... The invite to attend the meetup was for anyone that was part of the ShareASale community or not. I was disappointed you decided not to attend but like i stated.. I am here to help! please feel free to contact me anytime at jason at shareasale dot com
    @jasonrubacky

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread