Arrow How do you handle/cope Flood of tweets from People You Follow in Twitters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Everone
    If people you follow tweet,the Tweets come to you.
    I have 60 followers,but I do not follow anyone as I am afraid of a flood of tweets.

I know for marketing purpose,I must follow many first and most of them follow back to you,making thousands of followers.

Please post me how you handle/cope or get around.
    My pount is I need huge followers for marketing,but I do not want a deluge od tweets from them.

Unless I got a clear anserw in this regard,I am reluctant to follow people in my marketing aea.
    I really appreaciate your help.

herok - The Phantom of The Opera

Very good point, I followed only about 40 people but floods of tweets everyday. I always view the first five tweets on top...

I'm currently following 372 people, and I read all of their tweets (unless I'm gone for a few days). Use an app, like TweetDeck, to manage your twitter account. It's too hard via the web alone.

Also, I try to find 1 person each day to unfollow. If they're not saying something you want to hear, unfollow them. Some people complain all the time, some just RT things other people you already follow are saying, and some don't tweet at all, so why follow them?

It's a learning process, but I think using an app is a must.

Arrow Dear Sherry and esnagel Thank you your response
    Hi! Sherry and esnagel
    Thank you for your thoughts.
    I only started Affiliate internet marketing part time 2 months ago.
    I think I will use twitter slowly and carefully,though I was tempted to follow many people as possible in order to have their follow back for marketing purpose.
    Many preach this and get thousands followers.

Today I was also suggested that I have 2 accounts.
    ONE for personal use.
    ONE for marketing purpose.

Lastly again I really appreaciated your quick valuable response AND I feel that I WILL GO SLOWLY with Twitter for the time being.

If you aren't prepared for a "flood" of Tweets, why in the world are you wasting your time with Twitter??

Don't really mean to sound harsh. Sorry.

I'm convinced that Twitter people are almost useless as a source of sales, orders, etc. No one finds and buys from affiliates through Twitter.

Think about what Twitter does: It lets people express themselves in 140 characters. Do you or anyone you know actually SHOP for anything on Twitter?

And if you and people you know don't use Twitter to shop, why in the world would you think someone would make a buy through a link you put on Twitter?

You want "buyers" to come to your affiliate websites, not just window shoppers.
    Generate more fake news.

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    I am probably the only person I know who uses Twhirl to view Twitter, but it's never done me wrong so I haven't had a good enough reason to switch I can manage multiple accounts, find/follow folks, etc.

Most of the time, I view Twitter as a peripheral communication channel, much like radio. I can easily "listen" to Twitter while doing something else. I keep my Twhirl app open on the side of my monitor, and glance over periodically. There's no way I read every single twitter that comes through, but if a topic is trending, I'll get a whiff of it.

Every now and then, I'll add something to my Twitter stream, but I'm always conscious of trying to strike a balance between tidbits about what's going on in my life, and nuggets about the online marketing industry. I do that because I assume other people are like me, and would like to be reassured that there is real individual behind the Twitter name.

I also keep two accounts, I am a huge fan of all things food related, chefs, bloggers, mobile food trucks, etc., and to isolate that information, I set up a secondary twitter account that follows those posts. I don't tweet out much from that account, I use it mostly to keep up to date with what's going on in the foodie realm.

http and a telephoto
    writerguy, like any tool or social media, there are people that use it successfully and those that don't. There are some "brand name" sites that use Twitter to post their deals and make sales doing so. But they are branding themselves and sending people to their website and not posting direct to merchant.

There is a lot of spam, but those accounts just float out there doing nothing. In addition to the spam there are a lot of affiliates using Twitter the "right" way.

Twirl is good, TweetDeck is good and HootSuite is good. All have different benefits.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    I'm convinced that Twitter people are almost useless as a source of sales, orders, etc. No one finds and buys from affiliates through Twitter.
    I monitor Twitter for certain keywords, and can directly correlate sales to @replies I've sent to users. Be helpful and solve your user's problems.

Arrow
    Hi! Writerguy,Carolyn,Loxly and esnagal
    Thank you very much for your varying thoughts.
    I actually downloaded Tweetdeck(free) one month ago and also autofollow(free for 14 days and after $9).
    With Autofollow keywords are typed in and automatically follow people with expectation of follow back.
    If people you follow do not follow you back within a certain time frame,the software autoimatically terminate following.
    I actually learnt how to use,but I did not actually use it and I did not purchase the product after 14 days free trial.
    Today I created my second Twitter account.
    One for personal and one for marketing.
    For the time being I will go slowly and ecperiment Twitter.

I follow everyone back, but I separate out the people I like into lists. I completely ignore the main feed 99% of the time. Instead, I just click on the list I want to check out, and I can read all the Tweets I want there. For example, on one of my accounts, I have one list for affiliate marketing people who Tweet good stuff, another list for writers, and another list for people I know in real life. I still get to follow everyone I want (either for purposes of not offending people or to keep them as followers), but I'm not wasting my time with pointless Tweets.

A lot of people reallly do use Twitter for social/business networking. @writerguy if you are selective about who you follow - target the right prospects - then the "internet thang" happens... you may wind up with all kinds of co-promotion propositions, mentions of your site on relevant blogs, etc.

At the same time, even more use it as a spam tool. If you're only there to recklessly gather as many followers as you can as fast as you can, you're pretty much going to "get what you deserve"... bombed by spammers.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Then how to target the right prospects? any useful tool?

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Quote Originally Posted by sherry Ciao View Post
    Then how to target the right prospects? any useful tool?
    This is quite good:
    http://www.twellow.com/

Also Twitter counter lets you organize by city and I like doing it that way for some sites.

http://twittercounter.com/

I find it easiest to just ignore the Twitter front page and just search for what I want to read about. I have thousands of following and followers.

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    I think there is a relatively large learning curve with twitter, but once you manage to set up your lists, auto-follows, etc it becomes a useful tool. Maybe not in terms of direct sales, but definitely for spreading your site to places you might not have expected.

Why would you want to bother with Twitter if you're not going to interact with people that follow you? If all you do is market stuff, people on Twitter will tune you out. Doesn't matter if you have 100 or 100,000 followers, if nobody is actually reading your Tweets... and believe me, unless you're a well established brand (and often, even if you are) if all you do is send out marketing pitches, people will tune you out.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    I agree. I see people on Twitter with 2,000 followers and 2,000 following, and I have to wonder about how useful that really is.

Then I see 20,000 followers and 20 following, and I KNOW that this company/individual has something valuable here.

That's how I feel, too. I get emails from Twitter when I get a new follower, and I look at two criteria to decide if I'm going to follow back.

1. Is the person using a real name (plus), a company name (con) or a nonsense name (probably a con)?

2. Does the person have more followers than he/she is following? A person following less than 2-300 and has more followers than that, I'm going to click through and read the profile. A person following more people than that, I'm not likely going to bother.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I always use twitter as IM tool to get in touch with my target affiliates, I hope this will not trouble them too much.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread