Many Big Merchants Swithching to PepperJam
    I'm surprised there is not more discussion here - within the last couple of months a lot of big name merchants have moved over to PJN.

My big issue with them is that there is no data feed. I run a coupon site and need the feeds to update our content. Doing it by hand through their online UI is extremely inefficient. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    I'm surprised there is not more discussion here - within the last couple of months a lot of big name merchants have moved over to PJN.?
    I really hadn't noticed (I don't work with PJN), can you give some examples?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

They must have datafeeds since alot of their merchants are on Popshops. Are you talking about a coupon datafeed?
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Are they GSI merchants? GSI bought PJN, and most GSI merchants are moving to PJN.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep
    Chris1 - Hi there! It is Kat from PJN. Are you referring to our coupon feed? If so are you using our flat file or RSS feed? If it is the former I could see why it might be a frustrating task for you. But if you use our RSS feed, the coupons should be updated automatically.

Let me know if you need any help with anything!

rematt - are you looking for example of some merchants launching on PJN? If so, check out our blog - we list all new launches there. Also, as Mike mentioned, we are now a GSI company and are migrating several programs over. Here are some that have recently come over.
    NHL Shop
    Racing One
    Calvin Klein Jeans
    Calvin Klein Underwear
    Speedo
    Dick’s Sporting Goods
    Fogdog Sports
    Modell’s
    Team Store
    Olympia Sports
    Christopher and Banks
    CJ Banks
    Flavia
    Gordon’s Jewelers
    MLB Shop
    NASCAR
    World Market
    The Sports Authority
    NFL Shop
    MC Sports

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I do know that PJ does offer some coupon feeds for certain merchants. It is ok, but that goes the same with other networks to. There is always room for improvement.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    My big issue with them is that there is no data feed. I run a coupon site and need the feeds to update our content. Doing it by hand through their online UI is extremely inefficient. Has anyone else run into this problem?
    I use this for the coupon feed:
    http://feeds.pepperjamnetwork.com/co...rogram_ids=all

Hope that helps,
    Eric

Affiliate Network Rep
    ParadigmWilliam - you're right! There is always room for improvement and we love hearing suggestions. Feel free to share!

Lightbulb
    I understand a lot of the GSI merchants who were in GoldenCAN will be, again. That'll help.

I don't think there is an seo benefit to the page maker in PJ.

It would be great if affiliates could access datafeeds for merchants that were formerly in linksnare, as a lot of them couldn't afford the initial cost.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Herb - all programs that migrated from LS to PJN have datafeeds in their PJN program. Let me know if you need any assistance!

Thanks,
    Kat

but are they the ones that are set in an iFrame? or maybe I just haven't had enough time to navigate the PJ site completely. (still waiting for approvals)

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hey Herb - I'm not sure I follow your iFrame questions. Why don't you shoot me an email - kdempsey@pepperjam.com

I'd like to get you in touch with your AM, make sure she/he can answer your datafeed questions and get you approved into the programs you are pending in.

If during your convo with your AM we get an answer to your iFrame question, we'll post it here for others who might also have this question.

Lightbulb
    actually,not an iframe, but the store builder, while looking very nice, delivers javascript. there is not much SEO benefit to that.

I'd like to work with a datafeed that is more raw, almost a straight product list. One I could build a page per product with.

email sent
    Last edited by Herb ΤΏΤ¬; May 18th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.

I don't think there is an seo benefit to the page maker in PJ
    Last time I check it wasn't an iframe - it was a javascript include which is worthless to affiliates because it does not show up in the html of the affiliates page for SEO results.

That's why I don't use PJ merchants.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Network Rep
    You don't have to use the storebuilder for your datafeeds. Check the FAQ here for a blurb on product feeds.

Once you pick the stores you want, scroll all the way to the bottom and click download under "Product Feed"

Hope this helps!

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat - Pepperjam View Post
    You don't have to use the storebuilder for your datafeeds. Check the FAQ here for a blurb on product feeds.

Once you pick the stores you want, scroll all the way to the bottom and click download under "Product Feed"

Hope this helps!
    sounds good, I'll take a look

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Last time I check it wasn't an iframe - it was a javascript include which is worthless to affiliates because it does not show up in the html of the affiliates page for SEO results.

That's why I don't use PJ merchants.
    I looked at the datafeed for one merchant and it looks usable as soon as I can figure out a template. I could take the entire product list or just apply one or two or three filters for categories.

I'm glad to know that. Thanks.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Is there a way at PepperJam to download all offers for the merchants you are live with?

For example, we get "feeds" or something similar from LinkShare, CJ and Google AN with updated offers every day. I don't know the technical specifics, but according to my developer:
    - At LinkShare, we "talk" to their web service for an updated feed
    - At CJ, we get updated offers via an FTP site
    - At GAN, they email us a .CSV file that we can parse to make the offer data usable

With PJ, is their anyway to download all offers in an automated way? Going through the site UI every day to pick out new offers then cut and paste them into our site is a process that takes much longer than our process for the other networks. Right now, we basically aren't promoting or updating PJ merchants because we can't find an efficient method of adding and updating offers.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread