Thread: Events by Venue?

Question Events by Venue?
    Hello, I'm pretty new to the buy.at Ticketmaster API and I'm wondering what's the recommended way to obtain a list of events for a particular venue. For example, all the shows listed at VenueID = 32769 (Abbey Pub in Chicago, IL).

I've looked at the API docs and can't seem to narrow in on how to get this info. Thanks in advance for your help.

It requires you to know the postal zip code for every venue you would like to create. You could go to the USPS site and try to get the zipcodes for each one you want. Of course, large cities have many zip codes so you'll need to know the street address of each venue. Good luck.

So that I understand you correctly, are you saying that I can only get event info per zipcode instead of per venue?

You can write to Ticketmaster Affiliate support for more information:
    Who Do I Contact For More Information?
    If you have any questions or would like further information, contact gregory.bennett@buy.at or karishma.shah@ticketmaster.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Please direct your question in this matter to Karishma.Shah@ticketmaster.com.

Regards,
    c3

Hi there - I've been working on importing and cleaning the ticket master feed for a few months, off and on. I agree that Karishma is *very* helpful.

In my humble opinion, what you want to do depends on how you use their feed. I import their feed into my own database for just the tickets I want to offer. I also maintain a zipcode list with lat/long so folks can find tickets near them. The TM venues are imported into my master Venue list (along with about 20 other ticket merchants).

They offer a venue feed and a couple tickets feeds that refer to the venue feed. Ticket.VenueId = Venue.VenueID. They've also got an artist feed, but that's not very helpful, since it mimics the event name most of the time. Artist is often like "A special evening with Band1 and Band2 with a surprise guest!" Grrr. The Primary Artist Name in the new event feed is a lot more helpful.

Beware, though, there's quite a bit of cleanup there. TM leaves test data and other bogus data in their feeds. Look for Venues starting with 'TM*' and 'Test *'. I'm a bit obsessed with data cleanup, so I fix the duplicates like 'Orpheum Theater' and 'Orpheum Theatre' (center/centre) , 'Orpheum Theater - Seattle'. It's quite a cleanup.

Now that I have my venues and tickets all imported into my DB, I query it by venue using asp.net. Alternatively, they may offer a real-time web service to query this. The offline bulk download seems to work best for me.

Thanks Dave, that's pretty useful info. So which feed specifically are you importing? Are you going thru the API proper?

My main goal is simple: I'd like a list of events for a particular venue. Similar to the results from a page like this: Events from Aragon Ballroom in Chicago.

So are you performing a DMALookup using the 'productSearch' function? (https://users.buy.at/apidoc/index.ph.../productSearch)

or just grabbing the feeds from here:
    (https://users.buy.at/ma/index.php/af...e/productFeeds)

Thanks again for all your help and time...

8. Newsletter Signup