Does anybody promote a merchant that uses Yahoo! tracking? I promote one merchant and stupidly deleted their welcome email a while back. Yahoo tracking does seem reliable but the merchant has seemingly closed it's affiliate program (I've lost all their contact info).

If you guys participate with Yahoo, could you list some helpful URLs (eg, main landing URL for yahoo tracking, link to reports). It may be that these don't exist and you need to be an affiliate to get access. I remember that when I used to check my stats, I was given some long ugly URL to use. Hoping someone can help me out ...

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

15 years and counting
    Hi, I have several private deals with merchants and some of them with Yahoo stores are using Yahoo Affiliate tracking. Limited information, daily visit, daily sales, daily commissions, that's it, one year graphic history. Tracking works fine.
    I don't know of a list of merchants using Yahoo affiliate tracking.
    To access your stats you can use this URL:
    Yahoo Stats
    Replace "storename" with the name of your merchant.
    You still need to remember the url given by the merchant it's your UserName and Password all in one.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Hey Zeus, thanks so much for the info! This is a good start. One more question, when I load up that URL you gave me, it asks for another URL (the URL the merchant gave me).

If you don't mind, could you tell me your URL that your merchant gave you? Obviously, remove the merchant name and your personal info. I just want to see what the URL looks like, then I can substitute my info in there. Then I'll pray that it works [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sal ..bypass all these steps and just click on the Yahoo Store owners e-mail link and request he send you your affiliate stats page link. He can do this within a minute from his admin screen.

TIP: the Yahoo store affiliate tracking link works OK if they also run a CJ program. If it ( the tracking tag) is active with a BeFree -Linkshare or other network secondary program they all refuse to record sales.CJ was the only network to manually configure their program into Yahoo shopping storefronts so they both can track.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

Asking the store owner is the logical thing to do, unfortunately I have not received a reply. That's why I'm here with my unusual request.

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

update, got a reply .. not much help though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hi,

We discontinued that program well over 6 months ago. I don't even know where I could find any information on it. If you can send me something,
    I'm sure we can get you paid. But, I would need some proof or something. The person that was heading that up is no longer with the company so....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The proof is in the reports. But I can't figure out how to access them . ugh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sal just tell the lame merchant to log into his yahoo shopping storefront's admin screen. At the bottom left hand section has "enable affiliate tracking" option link. There he gets at his master reports and affiliate member lists. He then can see if your owed money or can generate your codes for the links and report interface so you can see what's up.

WebMaster Mike

I got a link from my Yahoo store merchant and it works great. However, the graph and sales infor is cumulitive and does not revert back to zero when he pays me so I always jot down what the total was whenever I get a check.

Ron
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"Keep your hands out of my cookie jar!"

I realize this is an old thread, but I have a question in yahoo store tracking.

I'm an affiliate of a store that uses the yahoo store inhouse affil tracking.

I bought something through my link on Friday and don't see anything in my stats today. Do they only record at time of shipping? Or do you know if things are delayed due to 4th of July holiday???

Thanks. Also, I think Mike may have said it works well with cj but not other networks.. Has that been changed? I think there are a lot of clixgalore merchcants using yahoo stores..

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread