Thumbs down Log in! Doggy!
    I have noticed this and ignored many a times but everytime I'm about to login to check my account, this bothers me ...

Were they trying to be funny?

As far as I'm concerned, I believe that's an ugly dawg and I wouldn't really like being compared to such an ugly dawg. The image is kinda screaming at me, "Log in! DOG!".

I have never seen anyone using such images on Login pages. As far as I believe, Login Page should be a little different than other pages of the site. You can joke around as much as you wish on other pages of your website, but the member/client login page is a little too personal to f**k around with.

Client Login pages should not have such offensive images, they should be rather clean and welcoming. Well, if this is what Clickbank thinks about their affiliates ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perhaps that's just their way of saying that some of their programs are real dogs. I wonder what animals could possibly represent some of the other networks. Perhaps a chameleon for Linkshare (they/re a network...no they're an affiliate...no they're a parasite), an 800 lb. gorilla for GAN and a shark for CJ?

If any network should be represented by a dog I think it should be SaS. loyal, man's best friend sort of thing. See, I like dogs. Snakes...not so much.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Perhaps that's just their way of saying that some of their programs are real dogs. I wonder what animals could possibly represent some of the other networks. Perhaps a chameleon for Linkshare (they/re a network...no they're an affiliate...no they're a parasite), an 800 lb. gorilla for GAN and a shark for CJ?

If any network should be represented by a dog I think it should be SaS. loyal, man's best friend sort of thing. See, I like dogs. Snakes...not so much.

-rematt
    LOL .. So true, rematt!
    If I could rate your post, I would rate it 5/5

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Well, the dog is KINDA cute, but yes, also KINDA irrelevant. I'm not sure what they were getting at here, but Rematt is right, there could have been something a lot worse. Like a horse. That would have been completely weird.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    EXCUSE US!

we don't have to come here to be insulted (we can get that at home)!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    I must admit, I do love dogs though so it's kind of nice to see just for warm fuzzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Adarsh View Post
    Client Login pages should not have such offensive images, they should be rather clean and welcoming. Well, if this is what Clickbank thinks about their affiliates ..
    Offensive? This is not a caricature of Muhammad. They wanted to make their pages a little less sterile and make them more fun so they added in a cartoon of man's best friend.

They have cartoon images across their site, and the dog in question is used on their About Us page: http://www.clickbank.com/about_us.html?locale=EN

There have been a number of sites that use cartoons and characters and include them on pages (likely log in pages) on their site. Anyone remember the sock puppet from Pet.com?
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

Hello bcwaller,

But who is the puppy? Them or us lol? May be no one. May be they think it adds fun to their pages. I don't know ...

Secondly, if Pet.com won't use puppy and cats clipart, who will? Oh wait, Clickbank will for sure lol.

That was my opinion, I feel that it is a little offensive. I mean, they could use any image related to money, finance, $$$, bills, music clipart, etc. A "street dog" or call it "cute puppy" if you find it cute. That's irrelevant to the business that happens on CB. Once again, it is all my opinion. I think, it just doesn't look so professional.

You tell me, why don't we see any cats, dogs and puppies on CJ? Why not on GAN?

Regards,
    Adarsh.
    P.S. No disrespect meant to anyone.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread