Watching Ranking Positions Slide Down
    Yesterday I spent some time to add a function to my home page that put 6 photos in a content slider type of menu. I thought it looked good, was simple and engaging for the customer and didn't clutter up the page. Overall it added value to the customer.

My Google ranking for my primary keyword phrase dropped 15 spots and I can't afford that loss. I've put my original page back and hope to regain my position.

So far, I've gotten quotes from people to help me regain some rankings that I lost 2 months ago (which cut my income in half).

Quote 1 - $750 to teach me to be a backlinking queen.
    Quote 2 -1) $1500 for a complete site audit and analysis of all onsite and offsite problems.

2) We would suggest a directory submission to more than 1200 directories. The price for this submission would be $600.00 and would take roughly 30-60 days to complete

3) We would suggest you engage in regular social media/viral campaigns. The cost is $1500.00 per viral campaign.

I am averse to paying any of these fees.

Any helpful comments?

15 years and counting
    My Google ranking for my primary keyword phrase dropped 15 spots and I can't afford that loss.
    How old is your site? What was your position? How long did you have that position? Is your site considered an authority site? What's your vertical?
    To be honest, I don't think adding photos to your home page is the reason for dropping 15 spots. Maybe it did accelerate the reindexing of your site.
    Google don't keep sites at the same position, for the same keywords for ever unless you're an authority site. Going up and down is normal with Google.
    No SEO queen, for any amount of money can tell you what to do to regain your position. Don't try to game Google. You can't win.
    Adding backlinks can backfire.
    Just keep adding value to your site. Make your visitors happy. If they like your site they will link to it or add it in their bookmarks. Google will come back (at its own pace).

Not to mention rankings are no longer absolute what with Search personalization. It's safer to measure the percentage of times you appear in the top 5 as opposed to Rank. Rank is immaterial.

Google Webmaster Tools will aggregate this data for you over time.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by bluewaves1 View Post
    Yesterday I spent some time to add a function to my home page that put 6 photos in a content slider type of menu. I thought it looked good, was simple and engaging for the customer and didn't clutter up the page. Overall it added value to the customer.

My Google ranking for my primary keyword phrase dropped 15 spots and I can't afford that loss. I've put my original page back and hope to regain my position.

So far, I've gotten quotes from people to help me regain some rankings that I lost 2 months ago (which cut my income in half).

Quote 1 - $750 to teach me to be a backlinking queen.
    Quote 2 -1) $1500 for a complete site audit and analysis of all onsite and offsite problems.

2) We would suggest a directory submission to more than 1200 directories. The price for this submission would be $600.00 and would take roughly 30-60 days to complete

3) We would suggest you engage in regular social media/viral campaigns. The cost is $1500.00 per viral campaign.

I am averse to paying any of these fees.

Any helpful comments?
    If paying these small sums of money would cause you to rank well then everybody would do it, and there are simply not enough spots at the top to contain everyone. Most of the SEO for hire is a scam.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate all the responses. I'll focus on adding value and maybe getting into another vertical so I'm more diversified.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread