Hi,

I came across getestore.com and was wondering if anyone has ever tried them?

Like most things, if they do what they say on their website, it would be great. But who knows until you try it.

I was hoping that someone had some experience with them.

Thanks for your help.

Ken

why would anyone except a nieve newbie want to bother with a program like this...

1> mistake #1 your dont control the domain name
    2> mistake #2 your dont control content

this alone should be enough to stay away...

1>if you dont control the domain anme you have no control over the traffic... if this program fails or if you get terminated (most likely) your efforts are in the toilet!

2> you have very little control over the content... you can only show "approved" products... meaning if you dont buy it from them you cant show it....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Hi 2cents,

Obviously you have never used this site and probably never will. And I cannot disagree that your 2 points are important ones. But I don't think that those alone are reasons not to use a program like this.

I am in no way sticking up for GeteStore, since I've never used them either. And my opinion is that it probably is somewhat of a come on hoping to snag newbies. And under the right circumstances, it might work for someone. That's why I'm asking.

But, if this same program was run by let's say Amazon, and they were offering a domain name (true, you don't control it 100%) and a limited product base (like the entire Amazon database)on a turnkey site similar to the getestore one, it would be a lot more appealing. If not Amazon, substitute your favorite merchant with a similar program.

I think the key is the quality of the merchant and how they administer the program, not necessarily the program itself. That's why I was wondering if anyone had experience with this particular merchant.

Again, I'm not "on their side" since I don't know them personally, and what you said is important, but I don't think it's a deal breaker depending on other factors.

Thanks for your 2cents. I think your input was worth much more than that.

Ken

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    After throwing away money for Inktomi I took the budgeted money for them and tried it instead

Just from the post of his I don't know if two cents fully grasps what they offer.

Want to waste money? I can use ink submit and yahoo as two good ones just to start.
    I didn't get anything but grief from that one( and a billing on my mastercard)
    Or how about taking your $299 for Yahoo and MAYBE they would give you a listing.

For the price, and for someone looking at a way of diversification I think it should be feasable.
    It does have its drawbacks, with a real need to have to market it through your other sites.
    So far a sale and an affiliate signed up, so tracking seems to work
    Will see if I get paid once I hit the $25 mark although I don't forsee a problem.
    It was a relatively inexpensive method for a year to operate something online. Will re evaluate when time comes and keep trying out some things with them
    There are a few thousand items online, you can set your own margins.
    Many products I checked and am starting to promote more are priced within reason vs others online, and at decent margins. These same margins can also produce more than an average commission.
    You can also use their program to sell your own products, even though I haven't investigated full costs of that portion.
    I see it as one more tool to use and generate income away from every sleezeball parasite that seems to thrive with network approvals.

They do two tier and you can run other affiliates from your store
    If needed a sign up code is available from me by PM

Thanks WW,

Just what I wanted, an experienced user. Thanks for your input.

If I decide to try them, I'll PM to you for your sign up code.

Anyone else tried this merchant?

Ken

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread