Approaching sites who don't run affiliate programs
    Hey,

I am a week away from my own site. I had an idea to approach a few sites who sell the products I have chosen who don't offer affiliate programs.

I will approach them through e-mail or the contact form, and tell them for a small monthly fee (or a deal that they choose), I can put a link on my site, use their banner as a signature on forums, release articles about their products, and other ways of driving traffic to them.

Might be pissing in the wind but it's worth a go. Plus even if they say no, in a year or so when my site is doing well, I could ask again for a relatively larger monthly fee.

Anyone got any experience with this?

Cheers
    Daniel

Affiliate Manager Resume Companion's Avatar
    You will be very hard pressed to get a merchant to pay you a small monthly fee if you do not have any traffic. I think you will need to create the content in order to drive traffic to your site first. Without that bargaining chip, merchants have tons of other marketing channels to choose from.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    I started and continue to enjoy a great relationship with indy programs...

Find something that fits like a glove and promote the crap out of them..

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Indeed a thoughtful approach Daniel. But as said by resume Companion, you need to present a real-life case study, that you can present to your probable relevant cliental. You need to work for free (or almost no charges) for one store for certain period, provide results and add to your portfolio. Also you can ask for performance based incentives (no monthly fee) to few worth full clients. This approach is much more popular in today’s scenario and you can earn through your efforts not just by commitment only. Believe me no one will give a single though to you even if you are a big shot marketing company, client need results, low cost and the customer confidence factor is a case study of your few customers.

Hope you get my point. tc
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"]Craig Stephen[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [URL="http://Logoinn.com/affiliate-program"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"][B][SIZE="1"]Logoinn.com[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://Logodesign247.com"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][URL="http://www.logodesign247.com/affiliate/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logodesign247.com[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE]
    [EMAIL="affiliate@logoinn.com"][SIZE="2"]Contact Us[/SIZE][/EMAIL] | [SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=30741"][COLOR="Black"]Full [B]PPC[/B] Allowed / [B]30%[/B] flat commission / Unlimited Cookies [/COLOR][[B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Logo Design[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]24/7[/B][/COLOR]][/URL][/SIZE]

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkidd85 View Post
    Hey,

Might be pissing in the wind but it's worth a go.
    [Removed]

Finding companies to do fullfilment ( sp? ) is easy.....

Ton's of great companies out there that are getting internet savvy and have NO PROBLEM with you promoting thier brand and selling their products...
    Last edited by MichaelColey; June 3rd, 2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comment removed.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread