Time to get back on the computer and buy stuff like they are supposed to.

Enough with this slacking off, already.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

My dogs agree with you!

"My dogs agree with you!"

Same here. My lab is a coward, but I wouldn't trade her for he world. Now it's thundering, and she's almost in my lap.

Fred

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    One reason I haven't been to see fireworks in years is because I can't leave a dog alone to endure the noise.

Two holidays I won't read the newspaper the day after...Halloween and July Fourth. There are too many awful stories about kids getting hurt.

I agree, folks need to stop fooling around with explosives and start buying stuff.

Apparently I wasn't the only one that couldn't find a fireworks affiliate program.

I just got a new Lab a week ago, so I stayed home with him tonight.

He's been barking at every loud sound that comes along, and I tell him "it's O.K." and he relaxes and ignores that level of noise.

Then an even louder "bang!" comes along and he barks at that, and I tell him it's O.K., and all is well until an even-louder-yet noise comes along, which starts the barking again.

Fortunately, after about an hour of fireworks he seems to be ignoring the whole thing and is dozing on the floor near the computer.
    A joy shared is a joy doubled.
    A burden shared is a burden lightened.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Hehe, you havn't experienced Fireworks until you have spent Chinese New Year in China. Constant fireworks all evening, louder and denser than any I have experienced before. But when midnight came it sounded like World War Three, I kid you not.

The following morning the streets were covered in a carpet of Red Confetti from all the crackers.

Awesome. Unforgettable.

Woz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Woz:
    Hehe, you havn't experienced Fireworks until you have spent Chinese New Year in China. Constant fireworks all evening, louder and denser than any I have experienced before. But when midnight came it sounded like World War Three, I kid you not.
    Woz <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Woz, you are so right. I was in Taiwan when I was kid (early 60s) talk about a kid in a candy shop, One year I stole money out of my Mom’s purse and bought a huge box of fireworks. My Dad found out shortly after and the only fireworks that year was my Dad beating my ass with a belt. I laugh now but wasn’t too happy then.

TM
    Travelin' Man

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will lead you there." -- unknown

I spent an Easter in Crete one year and it that was an eye (and ear) opener. The people started at midnight, they even blocked off the main highway (well if you wanted to, you could just get by it) with a huge, I'm guessing about 20 to 30 foot high bonfire.
    Then at the stroke of midight I was scared out of my flaming wits, no-one told me they loved firecrackers so much, it was like a bloody machine gun going off almost all night, they were throwing them in shop doorways for the echo effect, throwing them at passing cars, this causes a lot of accidents every year yet the police look the other way. Some guys even brought their guns out and were firing them into the air. Apparently the year befor a young lady who was on her honeymoon had been killed by a stray shot so the police had cut down on the use of handguns.

All in all it was a brilliant Easter but the best part for me was cooking the sheep on a spit over an open fire outdoors with plenty of beer to keep us cool whilst turning it, and then later we visited other peoples fires and helped eat their sheep. WOW!! I can almost taste the sheep just thinking about it.

I must add, the people of Crete are amongst the most friendly and sociable I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I would fully recomend anyone take a holiday in Crete.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Here in Tenerife they set off fireworks all the time. If they win a mule race, if they out-drink their neighbour, if the sun comes out. All of these are reason enough to get out the bangers - and usually until well into the morning.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread