Affiliate Manager
    Exclamation Site Optimization - Only for experienced webmasters.
    It is proved that todays e-commerce is getting more and more populated and even if you are hitting a big "1" in the ranks, people might not buy from you.

The difference between a converting site and a non converting one is based on Site optimization.

How many of you do actual optimization to your sites?

How many of you use the following tools?

• Visual marketing strategy
    • Internet persona strategy
    • Targeted traffic
    • Subliminal Marketing
    • Guerrilla Marketing

Being on top of the ranks is not enough anymore.

Cheers!

Affiliate Manager
    68 views and no reply... this means that nobody does site optimization?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria B View Post
    It probably just means those doing site optimization aren't thinking in the same categories you have listed above. Or they aren't that interested in discussing their specifics. Or perhaps they're just too busy to comment.

I doubt it means "that nobody does site optimization."
    Generate more fake news.

It could mean that readers found your OP confusing and didn't really know how to comment. ME

Affiliate Manager
    It could mean that readers found your OP confusing and didn't really know how to comment. ME
    Really? The thread is confusing?

I am basically asking how important is for affiliates having their site properly designed and targeted and how many of them do actually something.

I, too, found it a bit confusing. Had you just asked those two questions it would have been a bit more clear. It almost seemed like you were promoting those five services. (But, then again, I've had a couple of incredibly busy days and may not have been reading things correctly.)

So, to answer: I do not optimize my main sites specifically for sales; I optimize them to be the best experience for my users that I can put online in my niche (travel/destination) markets. However, I do not use any of those tools. I am on the top of the ranks (as you put it) for many terms related to my vertical and niche and do manage to sell "a few" hotel reservations along the way.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ........... It almost seemed like you were promoting those five services...............
    Thats how it sounded to me as well.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Now, as far as site optimization -- I, too, optimize my sites for the best experience I can give my site visitors, with appropriate (I think, anyway) preselling to get them to click through on a product they're looking for and hopefully buy from my merchant partner.

I pay attention to various on-site, on-page optimizations as H1 and H2 tag usage; buying keywords that people are searching for; etc.

Most of my sites are built around WordPress, either as a straight blog with affiliate links in the text or on some sites as a CMS using a variety of monetization efforts.

But as others have said, I don't really see this in terms of the categories you posed in your OP, so I wasn't really clear on what sort of response you were expecting.

Communication. That's the name of the game. Or maybe it's spelling. No, it's communications. LOL! (Lame attempt at Tuesday morning humor.)
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager
    Now you are talking

Next time I will just post a question, no subject, no intro, no nothing!!

Tell me writerguy, do you optimize your sites taking other sites as reference?

Now you are talking

Next time I will just post a question, no subject, no intro, no nothing!!

Tell me writerguy, do you optimize your sites taking other sites as reference?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "taking other sites as reference." If you mean, do I look at similar sites to mine and consider what I see on them and try to learn from that -- the answer is yes.

If you mean do I seek backlinks from other sites that are similar to mine, the answer is, not too much yet. I understand the importance and relevance of backlinks, but seek to get them sort of "organically" as people find my sites and link to them.

If you're talking about other stuff with "taking other sites as reference," please clarify and I'll try again.
    Generate more fake news.

exact match domain + exact match title + exact match h1 and you are already well on your way in many cases!

#JustSayin
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rubacky View Post
    exact match domain + exact match title + exact match h1 and you are already well on your way in many cases!

#JustSayin
    Seems like Bing and Yahoo eat that combo up.

(At least they do for a few small niche sites we've got.)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

(At least they do for a few small niche sites we've got.)
    oh... the googles love that combo too! just takes a little more on top of that... but not much
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Affiliate Manager
    If you're talking about other stuff with "taking other sites as reference," please clarify and I'll try again
    I mean, other sites as reference, for example a nice layout, clear design and so on. On the other hand, it's true that nice design won't bring you traffic but will help you to convert.

Regarding backlinks, well... Google takes that on account but it really doesn't like duplicate contents.

Let's say, must be a balance between design, backlinks, product quality and price.

Seems to me that you know how to do your work!

I couldn't agree more with you

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread