Hi All,

Is Kanoodle now a parasite?

What does "Behavior Target" sound like to you?

Get the details: http://www.kanoodle.com/about/behaviortarget.cool

Ken

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken Walton:
    Hi All,

Is Kanoodle now a parasite?

What does "Behavior Target" sound like to you?

Get the details: http://www.kanoodle.com/about/behaviortarget.cool

Ken <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniff, sniff...

Smells like one. Their example of a person who checks out a consumer electronics site and later gets electronics ads thrown at them when they visit a totally unrelated site smells like a parasite to me. Spyware is another word that comes to mind.

"Kanoodle is partnering with 24/7 Real Media.."

I'm wondering how the 24/7 software gets on a targets computer. Like WhenU's 30 million willing victims, I assume their prospective victims have all "opted in" to have their computers infected.

My guess is that they will use cookies to track sites in their network and use that info to target ads when you visit other sites in the network. It still smells like spyware to me and we need a way to warn people if they're infected. I hope Andrew Glover's detector script can be updated to spot this. And Spybot.

Never had any dealings with Kanoodle. This warns me away from them. Be interesting to see if their rep can tell me I'm wrong and put a positive spin on this.

Wayne

24/7 is a banner advertising network and it sounds to me like they are going to track and target users who browse the websites their code is on.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    24/7 Media is an ad serving, management and analysis company. They are one of the largest advertising properties on the Internet according to MediaMetrix.

Some of their products are contextually/behaviorally based, but supposedly server side vs. client side software. They track patterns several ways across their web alliance, cookies being one of them. While some parasites use 24/7 Real Media for ad serving (BargainBuddy comes to mind), I haven't seen anything thus far that 24/7 Media has their own client sided software.

It looks like Kanoodle is licensing on of 24/7 Media's products to serve their ads in a contextually based fashion. Kind of like AdSense but they couldn't do the technology themselves so they are having 24/7 Media do it for them???

I have seen Kanoodle's links being served in various parasiteware applications in the past however. The ones that serve up search returns. They don't seem too particular about who they accept as affiliates. Along with most of the PPCSE's.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread