Unhappy Thompson Cigar Affiliate Program Moving: Linkshare -> CJ
    I launched this program on Linkshare in 2006. Sorry to see it go.

Thompson Cigar would like to thank you for your participation in our affiliate program. Unfortunately, we have made a business decision to suspend our Affiliate Program with LinkShare.

We will pay for commissions earned on Net Orders received through an affiliate link based on the terms of our Agreement, plus any earned outstanding payments currently owned to affiliates. Affiliates sales commissions will not accrue after June 1st, 2010. If you have changed your contact information, please update your profile at LinkShare so you can receive your final commission check in a timely manner.

Pursuant to our Affiliate Agreement between Thompson Cigar and you, this shall serve as our formal written notice to shut down our Thompson Cigar Affiliate Agreement. Per our Agreement, you are required to remove any and all banners, buttons, text links, product images and store fronts that link to Thompson Cigar by End of Business Day June 1st, 2010. If you have any questions regarding this manner, please contact MCobden@T hompsonGroup.com

Once again, we thank you for supporting the Affiliate Program and appreciate your compliance with these shut down provisions. You will be notified once our program will be reactivated.

not shutting down, switching networks...

Aha. I moved them from Performics to Linkshare. Where are they headed now?
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

An insider just told me CJ. Good.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, CJ, just showed up.

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Good, I like CJ tracking. For some reason I have TERRIBLE tracking issues with Linkshare. I have seen 70% difference in conversion and tracking from the same merchant, site, links, ads, ect. They switched from Linkshare to CJ and everything went up.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Still waiting for my approval in CJ. It wouldn't shock me to be declined though.
    Greg Hoffman

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hoffman Consulting View Post
    Still waiting for my approval in CJ. It wouldn't shock me to be declined though.
    I sometimes have to contact the merchant if I get declined. I have so many sites under my account they usually decline me because of one of them. Then I usually have to explain that I will be only promoting their stuff on certain sites.

...I am still waiting too
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

I don't like to let affiliates wait more than a day on any of my programs. But I will be patient, especially since I agree conversion for Thompson affiliates will be much higher on CJ. If I knew then what I know now, we would have not launched on Linkshare.
    Greg Hoffman

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread