A regular deal site turning into a loyalty/incentive site
    If A regular deal site wants to offer cash back to its end users as a loyalty/incentive site like ebates or fatwallet, does the deal site needs to inform linkshare? Does the site just communicate with merchants to get the permission for cashback?

What should the deal site do to become a loyalty/incentive/cashback site?

Quote Originally Posted by talentcn View Post
    If A regular deal site wants to offer cash back to its end users as a loyalty/incentive site like ebates or fatwallet, does the deal site needs to inform linkshare? Does the site just communicate with merchants to get the permission for cashback?

What should the deal site do to become a loyalty/incentive/cashback site?
    You'll need to change your status with the networks. And beware because when I did this, I was automatically dropped from a number of programs and had to reapply for them. Most let me back in but not all did. You'll also need to read the terms for each merchant to see what kind of incentives they allow and whether you need written permission from them.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Affiliate Manager ParadigmWilliam's Avatar
    I would set up a special section of your site (maybe a sub-domain) and then create another profile in Linkshare and specify this as incentive/cashback. BUT make sure you do not cross links. Treat them as separate sites. This way you can continue your deal site and the relationships you had with those merchants without interference.
    [URL="http://www.manageaffiliatelinks.com/"][COLOR="Red"][B]Manage Affiliate Links[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Redirect Dead, Expired, or Broken Links

[URL="http://www.wpcoupon.com/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]WP Coupon[/B][/COLOR][/URL] - Turn Wordpress into a Coupon Site!

Thank you both! Any linkshare rep to comment on ParadigmWilliam's method?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi talentcn,

Since I don't know your particular website/SID, I will provide a general response so this can be helpful in the future to other publishers as well. You will need to update the "Marketing Channel" information in our interface. This will be key for when you apply to advertisers in the future, they will have a accurate profile of your website. From past experience, most advertisers should not have an issue with publishers becoming a loyalty website. The only caveat is that if you do a lot of business with Lead Generation Advertisers then there might be a problem as a lot of Lead Generation Advertisers do not allow incentivized offers.

Additionally, I do recommend that you do speak with some of your top Advertisers so that you avoid being "dropped" from them when you do make the switch.

Additionally, ParadigmWilliam has a good suggestion - create a new website and a new marketing channel. The only foreseeable downside is you will have to establish all your partnerships with this new channel, however the biggest advantage is that you have a nice clean fresh start.

--Ranae

Thanks a lot. I think having a sub-domain and a special section for cashback makes more sense to us.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Hi talentcn,

Since I don't know your particular website/SID, I will provide a general response so this can be helpful in the future to other publishers as well. You will need to update the "Marketing Channel" information in our interface. This will be key for when you apply to advertisers in the future, they will have a accurate profile of your website. From past experience, most advertisers should not have an issue with publishers becoming a loyalty website. The only caveat is that if you do a lot of business with Lead Generation Advertisers then there might be a problem as a lot of Lead Generation Advertisers do not allow incentivized offers.

Additionally, I do recommend that you do speak with some of your top Advertisers so that you avoid being "dropped" from them when you do make the switch.

Additionally, ParadigmWilliam has a good suggestion - create a new website and a new marketing channel. The only foreseeable downside is you will have to establish all your partnerships with this new channel, however the biggest advantage is that you have a nice clean fresh start.

--Ranae

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread